Author Topic: I'M LEAVING ON A JET PLANE.....  (Read 5722 times)

lori67

I'M LEAVING ON A JET PLANE.....
« on: April 15, 2008, 09:30:47 pm »
But I do know when I'll be back again..  next week...

Just wanted to say see ya to everyone before I head to visit the in-laws in Arizona.

To all who are having surgery, consults, MRI's, hearing tests, GK, CK, screws put in their heads, manicures, haircuts, tax audits,  oil changes, yadda, yadda, yadda....
 GOOD LUCK and I hope they don't cost too much (that would be referring more to the last two..).  I didn't want to miss out on wishing anyone well!

I will keep you all in my thoughts, and I'll ask you to do the same for me - I did mention I was going to see the in-laws, right?   ::)  And this is my first time flying since my surgery, so I'm a little nervous... I'm thinking happy thoughts though....

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: I'M LEAVING ON A JET PLANE.....
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 09:47:51 pm »
Lori -

I don't know if I can stand to be without your humor for an extended period of time  :'(  and who will be taking over the garage-surgery business while your husband is away ???  I assume you aren't going to see your in-laws without him  ;D

Don't be nervous about the plane - in my experience you won't have any issues.  I had surgery 5/31/07 and was on a plane on 8/3/07 and I was fine.  I admit I was a little nervous about beeping when I went through security.  My doctors promised me that this wouldn't happen, but I was skeptical.  Thankfully they weren't lying to me.

Hope to be on a plane again myself in July - trying to plan some time with the kids at the Jersey shore (Spring Lake to be exact) plus a day or two in NYC. 

Have a great time - don't miss us at all.

And, oh yeah, enjoy the in-laws (glad I don't have those anymore) LOL

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 05:10:10 am »
Happy thoughts indeed, soming your way from me.  Say hi when you fly over Texas.  Try to absorb our humidity.  Arizona always dries me out! 
Have fun!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 05:30:09 am »
Happy thoughts... happy thoughts.... bon voyage, have a great time, blow the warm weather here to Boston and enjoy the vaca!!!!! Will miss ya! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 06:38:57 am »
Lori:   Have a wonderful time.    RELAX, RELAX, RELAX....    (I'm jealous - I love Arizona)

Always good thoughts,    Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

jerseygirl

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 07:06:12 am »
Lori,

You might consider cutting your trip short. Maybe your in-laws would not mind your absence but we sure will! Enjoy the trip but come back soon.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 07:30:54 am »
Have a good trip. The weather here today is beeaaauuutiful! We live near Phoenix so hope where ever you are going in AZ it is like it is here.

Mary 8)
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 02:58:10 pm »
Hi, Lori:

'Leavin' On a Jet Plane'....a big hit for Peter, Paul & Mary in 1969 (written by John Denver).  I remember when it was a new song!    :)

Thanks for the good wishes and the same to as you head for sunny Arizona.  Enjoy the change of scenery, if not the in-laws, and we'll look forward to your return....with full details, of course.  :)

Bon voyage!   :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 04:42:50 pm »
Lori-

Ditto from me - have a wonderful time!

And, Jim, I also remember the original song...  sigh.  Well, with age comes wisdom.

Debbi - B minus 13 (Yikes)
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 04:50:32 pm »
Have a good trip...
I will never know how a plane will effect me because I have a life long
goal of never getting on one  :) .... but I do remember the song
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 09:06:53 pm »
Hey, Lori -

It's almost "next week".  Are you back yet  ???

Maybe you're having so much fun with the out-laws, sorry, I mean the in-laws, that you never intend to return  ;D

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 09:13:43 pm »
Lori~
How's that tan??   ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 12:46:30 pm »
Hey!

Did I "see" that you are back  ???

How was Arizona  ???

Jan

lori67

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 12:55:10 pm »
Ah, there's no place like home!!!  I never thought I'd be so happy to be in Nashville!

Arizona was nice - hot and dry - go figure.  Brenda, we did better than fly over Texas, we actually stopped and changed planes in Dallas!

It's good to be home.  No tan to speak of.  My mother-in-law is ex-Army - I think she still thinks she's in the Army - we run from one activity to the next like we're running from the enemy.  When she's ready to go - even if that's at 5am - don't even bother getting out of your pj's - just go.  Ugh... we did the entire zoo in Tucson in about an hour flat.  I think the animals were tired watching us!  No time to stop and smell the roses when you're with her.  So, no relaxing for me, and I don't think the sun could have caught up with us, which is why I'm glad to be home.

No problems at all on the plane.  I did have some swelling around my BAHA abuttment, which I think might have been from the pressure changes, but nothing too bad.

I did miss you guys! I think I'm staying put until the July Jersey shore vacation (Jan, we have to see if we'll be there at the same time!).

Now, it's out to the yard!  It's amazing how fast things can grow when you're away!  I may lose the kids and/or dogs in the grass if it gets any longer.  Hmmm... now that I think about it.. maybe that's a good thing.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 01:31:05 pm »
Lori,
Glad you made it back okay....now it's time to take a vacation to rest up from the one you were just on!  I think we have higher humidity in the Houston area than Dallas, but don't tell the Big D folks that we do, they get upset over little things! lol.
The zoo in an hour...wow
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT