Author Topic: I'M LEAVING ON A JET PLANE.....  (Read 5721 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: I'M LEAVING ON A JET PLANE.....
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 02:01:47 pm »
Hi, Lori:

Welcome back!

I'm glad the plane trip was relatively uneventful but your frenetic mother-in-law would tire anyone out.  Some vacation!

Take care of the grounds and look forward to the July trip to the Jersey shore, which will likely be a bit more tranquil for you...I hope.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 02:23:54 pm »
Hi Lori:  Glad you're home safe & sound;   having to do tactical maneuvers at the zoo would've been too much for me ! !
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 03:55:03 pm »
Hi Lori,

Good to have you back although you were closer to me while you were gone. ;D Still warm and dry here.

Take care,

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 04:01:23 pm »
Like I've always said, vacation with kids is really no vacation at all - at least not for the parents ;D

Glad you're back, Lori.

Hey, did you hear? the test is conclusive, I have a brain ;D

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 09:07:33 pm »
Hi Lori, welcome back. Since you were only allowed 3 oz. of Dawn in your carry on, did you manage to keep your Baha post clean?  :D

Note to Jan: Since you have a brain, you might want to proofread the last line of your signature.  ;D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Kaybo

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 09:22:02 pm »
LORI~
You're back -- I needed you to be my personal nurse, but Dave is doing a fine job with my IV's!   ;D

Steve~ Jan is OK - it cuts you off after so many letters on your signature - or at least it did me!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2008, 05:58:12 am »
*runs up to Lori and gives her massive hugglesssss*

welcome home! We've missed you! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 07:01:28 am »
Note to Jan: Since you have a brain, you might want to proofread the last line of your signature.  ;D

Okay, Steve, so I HAD a brain - at least for a day or two  ;)

K is right - I ran out of space.  It looked like the "n" was the last letter, but I guess it wasn't. 
I'll have to fix that.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 07:18:12 am »
lori,
  Where do you go at the Jersey Shore?  I have inlaws in Ocean City, so we visit every summer.   Mack & Manco pizza on the boardwalk is my favorite pizza, if you can keep the sea gulls from getting it.  The gulls have learned to dive bomb people on the boardwalk from behind, knocking food out of their hands-- where's that shotgun when I need it!   OC has people from NJ and Phily, so it's the land where you hear things like, "How ya' doin'", and "All a yous ova there".
Regards,
  Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2008, 08:30:03 am »
Lori -

am taking the kids to Spring Lake July 10th through July 14th.  My brother, who lives in Summit, has a friend who has a house about 1 1/2 miles from the beach.  After our shore visit, we'll be going to NYC for a day or two then returning to NJ to spend more time with my brother.  We fly back home on July 18th.

In August, I'll get my "child-free vacation" in Minnesota.  Actually I'm going there for a week to work at our convention, but I consider it a vacation because I get my own hotel room and don't have to respond to "mom" except on the phone.  Plus it's all expenses paid by the company.  It doesn't get much better than that  ;D

Life is good,

Jan

lori67

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2008, 10:05:44 am »
Jan, glad they found that brain in there!  I remember when my Dad went for an MRI years ago - he came home and told us they didn't find anything.  Of course he meant, they didn't find anything wrong, but we all had a good laugh about it!

Steve, I went "Dawn-less" for the week!   :o  Had to rely on just plain soap and water!  Fortunately, my in-laws have one of those showers that pretty much pressure washes you (anyone see the Seinfeld episode where Kramer got blasted out of the shower?).  I think it removed any sign of debris, skin, and a layer of bone.

Ok, other questions... I'm going to Seaside Heights this summer.  My parents and sister live about 1/2 hour from Ocean City, so I've spent a lot of time there - but the rental houses are a little out of my budget!  Seaside was bad for a while there, due to all the bars and drunken beach-goers, but they recently got a new police chief who has cleaned things up and it's family friendly again.  And the Three Brothers from Italy pizza is the best I've ever had!!! Mmmmm....  I don't know where Spring Lake is - I'll have to look that one up, but Jan, we'll be in NJ from the 11th to the 20th of July!  I think we'll have to plan a little AN gathering!  Rob, you should plan to visit the in-laws in July too!  And I know about the seagulls - I've been a victim of many a fly-by!

And K - what???? IV's?  What the heck are you guys doing down there?  You're not trying to start your own garage-based surgery center and run me out of business, are you?

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2008, 11:17:27 am »
Lori -

question about the Dawn.  Do you use it regularly  ???

I just used it post op when I had to goop up my fixture with neosporin; it helped to cut the "grease".  But I haven't used it since.

I also don't use the toothbrush very often either - maybe once a week.  Should I be using them more?

I don't get my processor until early June, but I think that is irrelevant as far as the Dawn goes.

If you find out where Spring Lake is in relation to where you are going, maybe we can meet for pizza or something  :)

Jan

lori67

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2008, 08:59:27 pm »
Jan, I probably use the Dawn about every other day - mostly because it says antibacterial on the bottle and I'm a bit of a germ-a-phobe.  Makes me feel like I'm doing something.  I use the toothbrush every day in the shower though.  It seems to get the dry skin off of the abuttment.  Again, i tend to go a little overboard when cleaning things, including my head.  My husband always says it smells like a hospital in my house because of all the bleach I use to clean everything.  Underneath all the kid and dog toys and general clutter, it's actually quite clean!

I will definitely find out where Spring Lake is!  I may drive up to North Jersey to visit a friend and her new baby one day during that week, so I can always add a pizza date to that too!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.