Author Topic: Next up - a double header plus one  (Read 3967 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Next up - a double header plus one
« on: May 04, 2008, 06:12:57 pm »
I realize it's only Sunday evening, but I thought I'd start a new subject to wish our next two surgical candidates - Pooter (Brian) and Kimberly - well. 

The AN Calendar tells me that they are both scheduled for surgery on Thursday - and let's not forget Nicole, who is right behind them with surgery scheduled for Friday.

Best of luck you three!

Jan 

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

Re: Next up - a double header plus one
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 08:33:57 pm »
Yeah, I'm for that, Sunday is the start of a new week, and Debbi is already home. There are three more the week after as well. Busy, busy!

So Brian, Kimberly, and Nicole, best wishes for a smooth surgery and a calm and gentle recovery. We are with you...

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Tamara

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 05:17:08 am »
Brian, Kimberly, & Nicole,
  Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  Do you have a scribe to update us, like Debbi had?

Hugs to all,
Tamara
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

kimberly

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 06:06:39 am »
Happy Monday! 

Thank you all for the well wishes.  It has been nice to come here and read and learn about everyone's experience(s).  I think it has kept me from driving my friends nuts.   I don't have much family and rely on my friends for most things, but I don't want to be one of those people who constantly blabs about the same subject and drives others away.

Coming to this site has been most helpful and educational.  Fear of the unknown is the worst fear (for me) so being kept informed and seeing others outcomes to their surgery/radiation has been most helpful.  Also seeing that others have the same symptoms and fears that I have  some how makes it less stressful for me. I don't feel so alone in this bump in the road.  So again, thank you all :)

Kimberly

Melissa778

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 06:40:50 am »
Best of luck to you all......Keep the Month of May going strong....I'm right on your tails.......10 days and counting!

Melsisa
1.6cm X 1.6cm diagnosed Jan 30 2008
Translab Surgery scheduled for May 15th with Surgery went well, got ALMOST all of it.
GK to zap the rest on 10/22/08
2010 MRI showed no new growth tumor measuring at that time at 1.1 x .4
2011 Holding steady
2012 new growth 1.7 x .7 :( :(

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 09:10:44 am »
Brian, Kimberly & Nicole:

Know that the well-wishes and prayers of many people will follow you into the hospital later this week. We're rooting for good outcomes and rapid recoveries.

See you all soon - as 'posties'.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 12:23:08 am »
Thanks for the well wishes.  I'll be sending my own hazy well wishes to the others.

To answer the question, I do have a "scribe" to post updates as they become available.  So, look out for updates.  I'm not sure if they'll use my account or create their own, but updates will be made.

Last day of work tomorrow, a day off to prepare and then my journey into postie-land..  :)

Thanks everyone!  I would have gone out of my mind over the last 3 weeks without you all. 

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

cmp

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 06:41:09 am »
Best of luck, Brian, Kimberly & Nicole! Wishing you calm thoughts in the home stretch, and looking forward to good reports from "postie land" (as Brian put it)!

Carrie
5 cm AN surgery, Shands Hospital, FL, Dr Albert Rhoton, 1988; VII-XII anastamosis for right-sided facial palsy 1989; diagnosed Feb 2008 w/ 1.8 cm recurrence; drs McKenna & Martuza; surgery rescheduled for 6/24/08!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 10:08:39 am »
*runs in to give healing good luck huggles to the next round of "future posties"*

Onward and upward to wellness all! Hang in there!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lori67

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 11:23:54 am »
Sending Extra-Super-Duper-Heavy Duty Good vibes to all the soon-to-be posties!

Now, all of you take a deep breath....ahhhhhh... this will be behind you very soon and you'll be offering your words of wisdom and encouragement to those that follow before you know it.

Looking forward to hearing all the good reports!!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 06:54:44 am »
Pooter & Kimberly -

I just wanted to wish you well one more time and tell you that you'll be on the other side of "postie-land" before you know it.

It's normal to be nervous, but try to get a little rest today.  Put your faith & trust in your doctors tomorrow and remember that they have lots of experience with this kind of thing.  I'm sure you'll both do great and will be back here before you know it. 

Pooter, glad you have a "scribe" to fill us in during your absence; I'll be checking for updates.

Keeping both you guys - and Nicole, too - in my thoughts and prayers.

Here's to a swift recovery for each of you :)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 09:10:20 am »
Pooter, Kimberly and Nicole-

Massive hugs and good ju-ju, karma, energy, paryers, etc to all of you!  You are all awesome and I can't wait to hear from you on the other side.  I'm right here waiting for you.  And, if it helps - I am amazed at how well I am doing just one week after surgery - may you all have the same experience.

I know how hard today is, Brian and Kimberly - just take some moments for yourself, enjoy a good meal tonight (mine was total vegan, but I loved every bite) and trust your surgeons. 

I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Debbi - trying to blink in NJ
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 09:45:53 am »
I wish you all a successful surgery & recovery.   You'll be in my thoughts & prayers.

Keep a peaceful heart thru this journey.

Always good thoughts,    Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

LADavid

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 10:41:28 am »
Brian, Kimberley and Nichole

It's time to rock n' roll.  You'll do great.  Looking forward to seeing your posts of successful surgeries this weekend.

See you on the postie side.

My prayers and best wishes are with you.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 11:15:42 am »
My good luck Pirate socks are washed and ready to activate to send you all (for now, Brian, Kimberly and Nicole) wellness wishes for your journey to "postie-hood"... and washing the next pair for the future treatments....

Good luck, prayers, healing huggles and wishes to you all....

*opens the door to postie-hood*  :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"