Author Topic: Pooter's surgery updates  (Read 83410 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Pooter's surgery updates
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2008, 10:49:21 am »
Pooter -

I'm so glad I was right - you are home!  Bet that feels much better than being in the hospital.

Thanks for taking the time to personally send us a message - Jenni was doing a wonderful job, but it's incredible to hear from you  :)

Your recovery sounds pretty typical.  You'll find you get a little better each day.

Keep up the good work,

Jan

BTW, Rob (HeadCase 2) - nice picture    :D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2008, 11:53:38 am »
Hi Pooter and Jenni,

So good to have you back, you postie, you! You did a great job on the post.

Jenni, you are a doll and I am thinking about you every day.

Hugs to you both!!!! Or even better, hug each other for me. ;)

Take care,

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2008, 12:02:03 pm »
Hi Kimberly,

How are you doing today?? I have also been thinking so much about you! Hope you are doing better and better.

Take care,

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

lori67

« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2008, 12:35:32 pm »
Hi Pooter and welcome home!

I found my typing got better once I could see straight again, and it took me about an hour to answer one e-mail.  Then I'd need a nap.  It gets better.

I'm glad Jan wasn't going around starting rumors... again... you know how she is.....   :D

Feel better and thanks to Jenni for the updates.
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2008, 01:15:02 pm »
Well, I got on to update you all this morning and it seems my little patient could not stay away and logged on last night. He is not exactly the best patient as he wants it all now. I will walk in the bathroom and tell him to wait for me, and I turn around and he has followed me! He is very independent and of course it makes me nervous. I am always the one to worry about the CSF fluid, the sneezing popping something open, etc. I worry about the worst and he is always the one not to be worried (not always a bad thing, but I want him to be cautious and aware of how he is feeling so I can report to a doctor if there is anything abnormal). He is getting around much better today and even wanted to get cleaned up. As expected, he is taking a nap, but I am thankful for that... I know he needs the rest. Thanks to all of you for your continued support for him in all of this. You will see less and less of me as I am sure he will want his "name" back in here without me butting in! :) I will update as needed though.

Glad to hear you are doing well Kimberly! :) We were wondering about you.
Love,
Jenni
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2008, 01:16:08 pm »
Glad you are home, Pooter, and getting some much deserved proper rest in your own bed.  I hope you are feeling better soon.

Sue in Vancouver, WA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

lori67

« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2008, 02:07:19 pm »
Jenni -

As a nurse, I can attest to the fact that men do not make good patients (most of the time).  However, the worst patients are definitely nurses!   :D

I'm glad he's up and around - and clean.  I hope you'll see more and more progress in the days to come!  Try not to worry TOO much.  He sounds like he's doing great.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2008, 02:48:24 pm »
Hi Brian and Jenni:

Brian sounds pretty much like me when I was just home from the hospital.  Impatient and somewhat heedless of anything going wrong from over-activity.  "I'm fine" was my usual response to my ever-patient wife's questioning of my need for a nap, whatever.  My wife says I drove her crazy (worrying about me) but I foolishly (long since admitted and apologized for) saw her concern as 'hovering' and 'smothering'.  Fortunately, I had no post-op complications and our marriage survived my grim determination to resume a normal life about 20 minutes after leaving the hospital.  Today, two years post-op, I'm fine.  Brian will be too. 

Be patient, Jerri....he's a guy.  We do this.  It's genetic.  ;)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cindyj

« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2008, 03:07:10 pm »
So glad you're home, Brian.  It's always so good to get out of the hospital and home to your own bed, chair, etc.  But do take it easy as everyone is recommending, difficult as it is for you men.  As Jim said, it's a genetic thing w/ you men.

Take care,
cindy

rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2008, 04:15:37 pm »
Well, I'm neither a man nor a nurse, but I was a terrible patient once I got home.

My mom, who was my caretaker, would tell me I couldn't do certain things and as soon as her back was turned, I'd do them anyway  ;D

Once she had to leave the house for some reason and left me in the care of my daughter - age 11 at the time.  I had to bribe my daughter to let me do things that my mother told me I couldn't do.  Daughter was happy; I was happy; my mom was none the wise.  Where there's a will, there's a way  ;)

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Mama R

« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2008, 06:42:12 pm »
I'm a woman and carry that gene!! And....felt a bit smothered by caretakers and wouldn't even let them stay with
me after I got home for the hospital. (I was gentle/kind about it) So all you males...don't take it to heart!!
Translab U of Cinnci - 03/21/08
Dr Theodosopolous & Dr Pensak :)
1 cm

sgerrard

« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2008, 10:44:44 pm »
Hi Brian and Jenni,

Nice to see that you are home, Brian. Now be good, and listen to Jenni.  :D

Jenni, I wanted to let you know that if you want to stick around on the forum after Brian is all better, you are more than welcome. We like having nice people around. :)

And just for the record, we men have no problem whatsoever taking it easy when it's necessary - it's just never necessary.  ;D

All the best,

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

LADavid

« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2008, 12:30:09 am »
Hey Jenni

I echo Steve.  You were awesome through all of this and we hope you stay in touch.  You're a good person and I can tell that you and Brian deserve each other.  You guys rock.  And as I have said before, if you have any questions or concerns, fire away.  There is nothing too silly here for a wise answer.

Thanks for caring for one of our family.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Mama R

« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2008, 06:42:44 am »
Ditto to LADavid's comment!
Translab U of Cinnci - 03/21/08
Dr Theodosopolous & Dr Pensak :)
1 cm

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2008, 06:59:46 am »
Jenni -

just wanted to reinforce what the others said.  You're welcome here any time.  You're definitely one of the family  :)

Jan