Author Topic: Happy Mother's Day!  (Read 5725 times)

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Happy Mother's Day!
« on: May 08, 2008, 01:55:54 pm »
An early greeting to all the mother's out there, doing double duty with motherhood and battling AN symptoms.  I'm a mom myself, but my 'baby' is 35 and I don't have to run after two or three or more little ones all day (except for Diego, who's my grand-dog!) AND have to deal with the AN junk.  Anyway, hats off to all you fine Moms and I hope that you have a great weekend and a wonderful Mother's Day.   :) :) :)

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Happy Mother's Day!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 02:49:48 pm »
Hi, Sue:

If it's O.K., I'll use this thread to offer my wishes for a truly happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in our 'family', of which I know there are many.  Dealing with an acoustic neuroma (or a spouse with an AN) and taking care of children, be they toddlers or adolescents, is a tough job.  I admire those who do it.  So, to all the moms, I again say: Happy Mothers Day!   I hope it's a great one for you.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 03:10:11 pm »
to all the AN Mom's/grandmom's/future mom's .... wishing you a terrific day on Sunday!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 04:21:08 pm »
Thank you, Sue!

Happy Mother's Day to you, too. My "babies" are 37 & 30!!!!! I do have 2 dogs and a grandpuppy, but I agree, those with little ones at home, my hat is off to you.

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 09:01:12 pm »
Thanks, Sue.

And a Happy Mother's Day to you and everyone else!

I may be dealing with twin adolescents and the occasional AN symptom, but I wouldn't have it any other way - at least as far as the kids are concerned.

If I had a choice, I'd have rather skipped the AN completely  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 09:03:25 pm »
I'm going to jump right out there & say "Thank You"!!!  Mine are 10, 6 & 5 and even though I only deal with residual AN stuff these days...my family has been thru the mini-ringer lately and I am glad that I am their MOTHER...even though I haven't felt like a very good one the last few weeks!  :'(

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

er

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 11:23:39 pm »
Thank you all for the early Happy Mothers Day mine are 38,36,24.
All you mom's out there have a nice Happy Mothers Day on Sunday.
eve

Melissa778

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 06:33:12 am »
Thanks all....Mine are 5 and 2.......my journey with children and AN has just begun!  Happy Mother's Day all.....

Melissa......6 days and counting...YIKES
1.6cm X 1.6cm diagnosed Jan 30 2008
Translab Surgery scheduled for May 15th with Surgery went well, got ALMOST all of it.
GK to zap the rest on 10/22/08
2010 MRI showed no new growth tumor measuring at that time at 1.1 x .4
2011 Holding steady
2012 new growth 1.7 x .7 :( :(

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 07:02:51 am »
you all are my "kids" :)

signed, dog owner only.
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

LADavid

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 11:19:55 am »
Hmmm.  Don't have a mom.  Don't have a wife.  And my daughter isn't a mom yet.  So to my adopted AN family -- Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms.  And I'd like to echo Jim's comment -- I too admire all of you who are dealing with an AN yet have the fortitude and love to raise a family.

Have a great Mother's Day!

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 04:09:33 pm »
Thanks, Sue and I wish a Happy Mother's Day to all, also.  Mine are 36 and 32 and then grand kids 16,15, & 5, then the gran dogs 10 and 8 and my own two little girls (The Pug and the Mini Dachsund) 2 and 4.  A houseful and a handful!  Wouldn't have it any other way.
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

cindyj

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 08:32:45 pm »
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms!!

I have two boys - 18 & 16...a husband and a boy dog - not a girl to be found around here, but I love it! 

Enjoy your day, Moms,

cindy

rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

matti

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 11:37:46 pm »
Happy Mother's day to all!   

Cindy - I also have two boys (22 and 25),  plus a male lab and of course my hubby, so lots of testosterone floating around my house LOL     I also wouldn't have it any other way, although someday a granddaughter might be nice  :)

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 04:51:07 am »
OMG! I got me a Mother's Day card from my "nephew" for his favorite "Auntie"!  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

.... and to my "nephews mommy"....... {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGGLES}}}}}}}}}}  Happy Mom's Day to you!!!!!!!!   :-*  :-*  :-*

*walks off with happy tears with thought of receiving a Mom's Day Card without ever having a belly stretchmark* 

Phyl

Cheryl R

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 07:54:24 am »
And this Cheryl has 2 daughters. 30 and 32.     Plus my special granddaughters who are 15 mos and 4 1/2.    They are growing up way too fast.         
No pets now but we had lots when the girls were home.     The youngest daughter has had 2 pygmy hedgehogs which was quite the adventure.
    We now have 4 grandkitties.    Snurri and Zoey in Michigan and Stripey and Isabella in Iowa.     
                                          Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care