Author Topic: AN removed in 2005. New, similiar type symptoms!!!  (Read 4238 times)

claire1

Re: AN removed in 2005. New, similiar type symptoms!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 03:53:00 pm »
Hi

Jim...I think the good guys (dr's) are far and few from my experiences.  Sometimes you feel you have to bit the bullet and pray for the rest when your the patient.

I have a 2.5 cm arachnoid cyst in the left cerebrum.  The neurosurgeon and otorhinolaryngologist both agreed that treating it, it's not a concern, at this point, with it.  He stated that I may have had it since birth BUT I've had numerous MRI's and CT's that it never showed up before. So, I will wait and watch until I have symptoms of seizures and such to have it evaluated again.
My neurosurgeon is treating my (L) Acoustic Neuroma with radiation,GK, June 11-08.

I don't believe in blind faith but sometimes, I feel, they make you feel you have to have a leap of faith which is hard when dealing with brain tumors or anything else medically, for that matters.

Have a Great Day

MyrnaB

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 01:58:25 pm »
Hi Ya'll!  Things are going better.  I went to my ENT with my new MRI and after a review of everything, he said my frontal sinuses are extremely swollen.  I have already had two sinus surgeries.  He had already tried me on a low dose of prednisone but will now try a much stronger dose.  He said this might be what is bothering my vision and causing numbing in my forehead and around my eyes and temples.  I do go see my opthomoligist next week.  I do have allergies so it might come down to being a disadvantage of living in the great northwest. 

Thank you so much for all your encouragement and input.
Myrna   :)

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 05:07:28 am »
Thanks for the update Myrna and glad they are moving forward with treatment.  I hope this works for what they think is the problem.  May your days here on out be symptom free! 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear