Author Topic: larry king on cell phone use and brain tumors tonight  (Read 3390 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: larry king on cell phone use and brain tumors tonight
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 09:35:31 pm »
This is a hoax.

Bummer.  I actually thought it would be kind of neat to be able to pop popcorn with my cell phone. 

Guess I'll have to stick to the microwave  :D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

chocolatetruffle

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 05:10:49 pm »
i'm with you jan about popping popcorn with cell phone - but has it been confirmed it is a hoax? It looked so real - on second thought....... is LADavid still bored? maybe he can do an experiment??   ;D
chocolatetruffle

2.8 cm left AN
Translab @ House/St Vincent's 11/27/07
Drs. Brackmann, Schwartz, Wilkinson, Stefan

ceeceek

Cell phones
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 06:03:44 pm »
Hey all...I just had to chime in on this as the national cancer society has issued the following warning labels to parents..re cell phones and children....and officially along with I believe the AMA, that cell phones should not be used by children under the age of 16 due to possible cause of brain cancers and other similar growths..ie ANs brain tumors etc.
I am most apologetic as I cannot remember what news this was on, however I found these announcements on several news mediums...such as Yahoo, the local paper...definately remember those two and I think NBC nightly news. So if it is recommended that children not use cell phones due to possible brain tumor links..what is it doing to us?
Anyone feel free to look further into this news..I am sure you can find it just doing a basic search,,sorry, but right now I am very time limited.......curious though isnt it.....
Ceecee
Such is life...Finally identified...vidian nerve schwanomma, 2.8x2.8x3cm.....in the middle but under my brain.....post transphenoidal endoscopic surgery April 19th, 2007 Pre CK treatment in Sept 07.....re-arranged cavity in hopes of reducing side effects and now officially diagnosed as hard headed.

sgerrard

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 07:44:47 pm »
The American Cancer Society has heard about the cell phone issue, of course. Their current view is here:
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/content/PED_1_3X_Cellular_Phones.asp
There are lots of other reports floating around, of course.

The popcorn video was a hoax, admitted to by the company that sponsored it, as a so-called "viral video" advertising gimmick. The company, called Cardo, makes a  Bluetooth headset you can use to keep a cell phone away from your ear.
http://www.cardosystems.com/pop/

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.