Author Topic: Post Postie?  (Read 5189 times)

Kaybo

Re: Post Postie?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 12:47:21 pm »
Captain Deb~

I LOVE IT!!!!
  ;)
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 12:51:21 pm »
This bonnet competition is getting good!  I think I'm glad I'm not in the top 10!  But I coulda been a contender.

So, this summer, when Jan and I meet at the Jersey shore to sit on the beach with Maragaritas in hand, will we be a duo of Roasted Toasted Uni-posties?

Which reminds me... Jan which is your AN side?  Mine is the right.  We may have to do some creative seating arrangements in order to be able to talk to each other!  And when all of us are in Chicago next year....that should be fun.  I can hear all the "Huh?" and "What?"s already.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 03:43:02 pm »
I would like to think of you more as Roasted Toasted Postettes!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

er

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 03:53:26 pm »

Boppie

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 04:49:57 pm »
Well, who is the Most Toasted?

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 04:52:08 pm »
Hmmm, I've never been referred to as a "postette" before; but I kind of like the sound of it  ;)

Lori -

I'm deaf left - so we're bookends - but with our BAHAs it might not matter.

I think we should get Kaybo to work on seating arrangements for the symposium.  She seems very good at organizing things; I on the other hand am very good at delegating  :D

I have volunteered my services for the symposium, and I'm not sure what I'll be doing yet (registration ?) but I'm sure they'll let me sit with my fellow forumites.  And no, I'm not accepting any assignments to provide entertainment - I will leave that entirely up to Phyl and the Moderators!

As for sipping Margaritas, we fly into Newark on Thursday 7/10 and stay at shore (Spring Lake) through Monday 7/14.  I will have a rental car so we could meet at some beach if you are around at the same time.  I'm not sure exactly where Spring Lake is located, but my brother says it's fairly close to Sea Girt.  We go to NYC 7/15 and 7/16 return to NJ on 7/17 (staying with brother in Summit), then fly to O'Hare 7/18.

I'm also going to Minneapolis in early August for business if any forumites are in MN and would like to meet.  I can offer you a free show & tell of my BAHA  ;D

Jan  
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 07:01:05 am »
Jan,

How is the BAHA doing?? You just got the processor, right??  :)

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 11:24:57 am »
Yes, just about 24 hours ago!!!

It's going well.  You can read more about it in the subject "Can you hear me now?"

I also posted some BAHA pictures - that my buddy Steve just raved about :D  They aren't as creative or unique as the bonnet competition entries, but I think I should somehow get extra points for having a titanium fixture implanted in my head.  Hell* Heck, just the hole that was drilled into my skull should be worth something  ;D 

Maybe I'll get Honorable Mention!

Jan

* Steve, keeping it clean  :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 08:32:32 pm by sgerrard »
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cmp

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 11:36:09 am »
So raise yer glass high,
And shout out a toastie!
Our sweet young thing Mary's
A Cyberknife Postie!

:D

Love your CK headgear, Mary! Glad to hear you are through the procedure!

After reading this thread, I'm a toasted post-postie, even without the help of booze or radiosurgery...
5 cm AN surgery, Shands Hospital, FL, Dr Albert Rhoton, 1988; VII-XII anastamosis for right-sided facial palsy 1989; diagnosed Feb 2008 w/ 1.8 cm recurrence; drs McKenna & Martuza; surgery rescheduled for 6/24/08!