Author Topic: blood pressure  (Read 13715 times)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: blood pressure
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 09:55:37 am »
Yes Lorenzo you are sooooooooooo OLD ;D

Bella
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Lorenzo

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 10:34:13 am »
well, at 24 one IS old! :)

Methuselah
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

fbarbera

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 11:13:43 am »
Hi Lorenzo,

Were there any "symptoms" associated with your HBP?  Sometimes I feel like I get winded a lot easier than I used to -- and that my heart is working a lot harder during my workouts.  I wonder sometimes if this is related to the treatment or perhaps the decadron course I took for three weeks in January. 

Thanks,

Francesco

Lorenzo

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 11:23:34 am »
HI Francesco,

Symptoms... not really, othet than being overly stressed and cranky and generally 'worked up' about things. Relaxing came a lot harde to me. Sleeping is disrupted too, but that could also be AN related, or tinnitus, or weather, or stars in the wrong alignment...  Can't really say I had problems with being winded. Then again, I don't work out in any particularly strenuous way anyway. I never had the stamina for that.

Not much of answer, sorry!  :)

Ciao, Lorenzo
doing great now.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 06:32:03 pm »
Lorenzo-

If you were a woman, I'd suggest blaming everything on menopause - but in your case, since you know women, you can still use that excuse...   ;D  Sleeplessness, crankiness, lack of energy, weight gain ... yep, sounds like menopause to me! ::)

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

LADavid

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 07:55:25 pm »
Going back a few posts ago when some of you chose to denigrate "Two-Buck Chuck" wine and put it in the league of Thunderbird (my college favorite was Boone's Farm).  Two Buck Chuck actually wins legitimate awards.  Take a look at this link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Shaw_wine
There's not much to say good about living in California (trust me), but at least we can get a decent bottle of wine for $2.  And I do know wines.  ;)

David (adding to his Trader Joes shopping list for tomorrow)
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 10:21:36 pm »
Mea culpa, David.

I mentioned Thunderbird, but didn't mean to denigrate Two-Buck-Chuck.  (Hmm, denigrate - we are talking like Jim Scott now  :D )

I have actually never heard of Two-Buck-Chuck which was why I asked if it was similar to Thunderbird - which I am somewhat familiar with  ;)

$2 for a good bottle of wine is very impressive.  Perhaps you should mention this to Steve so he can stock up before the Symposium.  He's buying all the drinks for the forumites, you know  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Mark

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 11:13:33 pm »
I'm going to chime in on the "2 buck chuck" discussion  in my newly anointed role as the forum's Northern CA wine snob  ;D (perhaps I can sign onto the good ship PBW in that role)

Certainly what people like in wine is very individual, but it is important with $2 chuck to understand that Franzia ( the same people who bring you that wonderful stuff in the box) don't grow much of the fruit, but rather buy excess from other vineyards. In some cases they get grapes from some very top end wineries and in others they get low end stuff. So LA David is partially right that you can get some very drinkable wine from them, however you can also get absolute swill more often than not. There simply is no consistency from case to case. The rule for most of my friends who shop at trader Joe's is to go in an buy a bottle , take it to the car and try it. If it's drinkable, then go back in and buy the case assuming it's all from the same batch  :o

Now for tonight's wine trivia question

The Cabernet Sauvignon  grape is the offspring of what 2 varietals? For those who don't know and want to cheat, here's the answer  :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabernet_Sauvignon

Who says you can't learn unusual facts for your next party here  ;)

Mark

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

Lorenzo

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 11:22:21 pm »
Well, I presume Cabernet would be the Cab Franc and the Sauv bit would be Sauvignon Blanc. Had some wonderful wines while being in CA to get zapped. Even visited Trader Joe a few times. Didn't do the drink in the car trick, but will the next time! Ya. nice wines... Especially some nice Petite Syrah and some lovely Cabernet Franc. Two buck chuck? Shall look out for it the next time! lol

Debbi, menopause? I KNEW there was a reason for all this! Now I have another excuse, as well as blaming the AN I can blame menopause. Excellent. Thank you!

Ok, off to find  a bottle of nice Chinati riserva for lunch. I think there's one lurking in the stash...

Ciao, Lorenzo
doing great now.

Mark

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 11:47:42 pm »
Lorenzo gets the prize! well done  ;)
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

Lorenzo

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 11:56:11 pm »
Let me guess, prize is a bottle of Two Buck Chuck, right?  :)
All this wine talk is lowering my blood pressure, I can feel it!
doing great now.

Dan

• Dan in Germany
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 10:01:29 am »
Lorenzo,  sorry to hear about blood pressure.  I posted last year after OP on this subject because I also had high blood pressure post OP and only got it under control after about a month in reha with meds. I had elevated blood pressure for about 15 years but the Drs always said it was to low to start meds. but after surgery it didn't get under 160/95 without meds.  When I posted I recieved a post from  Gennysmom   that I thought was very interesting.

Re: High blood pressure since the OP!!!
« Reply #15 on: 31 October 2007, 01:06:34 »
Sorry I didn't see this one earlier.   One cause could be that cranial nerve #10 is the vagus nerve, in charge of your heart function and digestion....my tumor was involved with #10, but did not have BP problems at all, but I've spoken with a cardiovascular surgeon who's a friend, and it's not outside the realm of possibility that any AN with BP related issues could be related to CR10 involvement. 

Maybe AN could be the cause with some people.

Dan in Germany
US Army Retired, age 51,  residing and working in Germany.
Retrosigmoid 21 Sept 07 left side 1.76cm AN, Prof. Mann, Uniklinik Mainz Germany

lori67

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 10:01:43 am »
Debbi - that's funny - I was wondering if Lorenzo was suffering from a little PMS!  But considering he is SOOOOOO old, maybe menopause is more accurate!   :D

David, ah... Boone's Farm.... now there's some good stuff   :P

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Lorenzo

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 10:58:45 am »
pms... PMS.  PMS ME?!?!?!? NO, mamma mia!  Ok, maybe just a little. That could certainly be the excuse. Good one. Somehow though, I don't think it would be taken seriously. Menopause sounds much more plausible; I think.

Dan, Thanks for the post and Gennysmom quote. Missed that somehow. Sounds interesting. hemmmm  Something to think about.

Ciao, Lorenzo
doing great now.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 11:32:37 am »
Lorenzo, I can see that you and I will need to compare wine notes.  Personally, I am quite partial to the Willammette Valley (OR) pinot noirs, especially the 2004s.  Heaven in a bottle.  Of course, I am also quite partial to Chianti and applaud your decisoin to have a glass with lunch...

Lori - step away from the Boonesfarm, Thunderbird, etc - it could hurt you!  It is meant for teenage experimentation, not for adults!!   :P

So glad that Jim is buying all the drinks at the symposium - that Jim, what a guy!!  (whoever he really is...)  ;)

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com