Author Topic: ANA Wine (or whine) Club  (Read 22957 times)

Lorenzo

Re: ANA Wine (or whine) Club
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2008, 11:04:26 pm »
LOL   You kidder....  I'm the tour guide / driver, you lot are paying for ME!  :D

Lorenzo
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2008, 08:54:37 am »
Wait a minute --- I thought the Global Moderators were paying... ???  And what about their private jet...

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2008, 08:59:47 am »
Actually the private jet is a myth  :(

But if we can get them to trade in their Jaguar and their Lamborghini for a mini bus, we might be in business  ;)
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Lorenzo

« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2008, 09:15:04 am »
They own a jag and a lamborghini? Oh good, I won't have to trade in my ferrari so. Great! What a relief.
doing great now.

lori67

« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2008, 09:43:27 am »
I think we may be able to get the mini bus with the DVD player if we trade in the Jag and the Lambourghini.  We can put on I Love Lucy DVD's.  Unfortunately, Lorenzo will be driving so he won't be able to watch them.  Maybe if he'd be willing to sell his Ferrari, we could hire a driver - then he'd be able to to sit the back with us!  Seems like a good deal.
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2008, 09:52:47 am »
Lori -

not only do you have beauty, but you have brains, too  :o  Who says super models are airheads?

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Lorenzo

« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2008, 10:02:16 am »
Now THERE'S an idea! I guess I could a few dollars for my model Ferrari, that should buy a set of I Love Lucy DVDs. And by the way, hwo says I can't drive whle watching a DVD? I'm Italian, remember? Why do you think I'm driving while there and not you? I want to amkes ure we live, by driving the same way they do.

So we'll start in the north, Piemonte, work our way east towards Veneto, from there down to Emilia Romagna and on to Tuscany and Umbria, further on to Lazio and Rome, and continue towards the soth taking in Puglia, Basilicata and Calabria, ending up in Sicily. Return we go up the med coast all the way up to Liguria and genova, do a short detour on the most frightening freeway of all into France, and then put you ladies back on a train to Paris and your flight home.

Next year we'll do Switzerland and Alsace and parts of germany. Burgundy and the Rhone valley and southern french wines will be for the following year. After that, we'll venture into eastern europe and the Balkans. We'll skip Serbia to be safe.

:)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 10:15:37 am by Lorenzo »
doing great now.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2008, 10:06:25 am »
We're going to Paris too!!!

I'm so thrilled  ;D

Lorenzo

« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2008, 10:17:11 am »
oh, forgot, i think about a month should do it. We'll aim for the late summer / early autumn, at least we can try to fit in some grape picking, depending where we are.

:)
doing great now.

lori67

« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2008, 10:36:43 am »
Sounds great!

James sent me a picture from Italy during his last deployment - some window display of Italian pastries - I'll need to find out where that was.  Can't live on pizza alone.  Have to have dessert too!

And maybe for our next trip, I can give everyone a tour of beautiful Hoboken, New Jersey.  Now, I know how wonderful that sounds to everyone, but we're not going to postpone the Italy trip to do Hoboken first.  You'll just have to patiently wait.   :D
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Lorenzo

« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2008, 12:39:27 pm »
oh goody!!! I've never been to Hoboken, NJ. Sounds exciting. When are we going? Do they make wine there (the natural way, that is)?
doing great now.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2008, 12:56:52 pm »
Can we go to Ascoli Piceno?  I know a great restaurant there... 

Oh, yes, Lori, let's definitley include the tour of Hoboken!  No one has lived until they've been to Hoboken...  And, then lets go to Arthur Avenue in the Bronx...  ah, the Italian bakeries...

Debbi - really, heading out to the pig roast any minute now...
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

lori67

« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2008, 09:27:24 pm »
I don't think they make wine in Hoboken - but you can probably just borrow some from one of the locals - once they pass out in the gutter for the night, you can just take the paper bag with the wine bottle right out of their hands!  :D

Yes, let's hit the Italian bakeries - Ferrara's used to have the best cannoli's.   :)

Lori - getting hungry....

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2008, 07:24:09 pm »
Lori -

didn't Frank Sinatra come from Hoboken?  Or was that someone else?

Hmm, maybe I should ask Jim Scott - he's up on his NJ history these days  ;D

Also, a friend of mine at work tells me that her aunt/uncle own Dot's Pastries in Ocean City, NJ.  Know anything about it?
I'm definiting going to check it out when I'm in town  ;D

I also got a hot tip from my dentist that Magnolia's in NYC has cupcakes that are to die for!  Apparently they are huge!  Wonder if he's just hoping I'll return with a cavity from all that sugar  ;)

Jan

Dan

• Dan in Germany
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2008, 01:15:30 am »
Lorenzo

Fall and grape picking sounds great. I helped my father-in-law a couple of times in the vineyards pick grapes and the tradition here is then in the evening to eat onion cake and drink new wine.  You have to be careful though, the new wine tastes like really good grape juice but has the kick of normal wine and can cause terrible headaches.  The onion cake also causes bad breath but the taste with new wine is amazing.

Dan in Germany
US Army Retired, age 51,  residing and working in Germany.
Retrosigmoid 21 Sept 07 left side 1.76cm AN, Prof. Mann, Uniklinik Mainz Germany