Author Topic: Facial movement!!  (Read 3001 times)

Jeanlea

Facial movement!!
« on: December 12, 2005, 08:32:17 pm »
Yipeee!!!!!!  Today for the first time in 3 months and 6 days I was able to move my face a tiny bit.  It's not a lot of movement, but it sure made me excited!  I think I can even feel a little bit more than usual so maybe the feeling is starting to come back also.  Never thought I would get so happy about such small movements.  Now I really feel like I'm on the road to recovery.   :)
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

Battyp

Re: Facial movement!!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 09:17:17 pm »
YEAH!!  It's your christmas miracle coming to fruition.

Congrats!  Hope it keeps on coming for ya.

M

cookiesecond

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 11:41:10 pm »
Jeanlea,
Praise the Lord!!! I pray this is only the beginning. Thank you so much for sharing your good news.
Take care,
Lynn

matti

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 10:20:25 am »
Jeanlea - I am so happy for you. I will never forget the day I awoke and felt slight movement for the first time in 4 months, I must have called everyone I knew to share in my blissful moment. From then on, little by little I noticed steady improvements.

Yippee and Hooray!!!

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

luv2teachsped

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 09:29:12 pm »
Jeanlea: Merry Christmas early.  I'm glad for your great news! luv2teach ;D
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

shoegirl

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 10:13:52 pm »
Jeanlea,

I am so happy for you!  Hope things continue to get better for you!

Best Wishes! Suzanne
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

JHager

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 05:36:41 pm »
Hey Jeanlea,

This is a bit late - but I know EXACTLY what you mean.  Although I haven't had the same time delay, I lost most of the movement in the right side of my face about two weeks after surgery. Then, about a week later, I started to get small movements back.  The first day I could sorta/kinda sneer at myself in the mirror was great!

Glad to hear you're doing better, and that work is going well!  I head back after windter break - I'll keep you posted!

Josh
3.5 cm right AN.  Surgery 11/7/05, modified translab.  As recovered as I'd ever hoped to be.

Boppie

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 11:44:12 am »
Jeanlea,

I had my Translab Dec. 15 (2cm)...  Writing to congratulate and celebrate your movement notices.  How wonderful for you.  Already I can sense the consternation you might have while waiting for the nerve endings to strengthen and WAKE UP!

My own facial nerves were responding very well in hospital and for 10 days post op.  For the last two days I have experienced gradual increase of dry eye, a slight sag in the lower lid, decrease of smile height on the op side.  At the same time I am experiencing slight facial twinges and a few ear lobe level stabs.  I am sure there is no infection.  But I think this is swelling and resting state of the facial nerves.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 10:59:07 am by Boppie »