Author Topic: eye pain  (Read 2428 times)

luv2teachsped

eye pain
« on: December 27, 2005, 07:24:26 pm »
Hi-  After reading, sewing etc... I get so much pain behind my eyes,headache and neck pain that I have to stop what I am doing and rest.  My surgery was in May, and this has become more of a problem in the past month or so.  Anyone else have difficulties with this?luv2teachsped ::)
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

Boppie

Re: eye pain
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 10:41:33 pm »
Nice hearing from you.  I love to read and sew, too!

If you know the pain isn't related to balance or dizziness issues, have you checked with an opthomalogist for a prescription for single vision lenses or bifocal.  If you are moving your head and neck around a lot to focus you can get headaches and sore neck muscles.

luv2teachsped

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 02:05:22 pm »
Boppie- Glad to hear from you too!  I've been to the eye doctor three times in the past few months.  'Just received new glasses in July!  I've noticed twitching in my right eye also.  I'm assuming it just goes along with AN.  Just wondered if anyone else experienced the pain?luv2teachsped
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

rntiggergirl

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 09:01:19 pm »
Hi-
I also have significant pain behind my eye associated with pain at the base of my skull on my surgery side. I have had 2 surgeries, 1 to remove my an and the other to fix my balance issues.  My doctor does not know why I have the pain in the eye and back of the head. it makes it very difficult to do some activities for long periods of time. and it will progress during the day at work. I am sorry you have this also!!!
Cheryl