Author Topic: Thanks...  (Read 3475 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Thanks...
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 09:49:01 pm »
Truth be told, I mainly stick around for the humor  :D

Oh yeah, and to help others in their AN Journey  ;)

Actually this forum can be pretty addicting.  When I was out of town, it just about killed me not to be able to check in, read new posts, meet newbies, offer advice, share a few laughs, etc.  The only thing that kept me away from my laptop was too many late nights and too many early mornings working. 

IMO this forum has been as helpful to me as I hope I am to my fellow forumites. 

Thanks to everyone for participating.  You make the forum what it is - an incredible patient resource.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 11:55:24 am »
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the thanks.

Although there are some "full-time" members who post every day, and keep the fire alive so to speak, it seems to me that the larger group of "part-time" members, who drop in on specific topics, are the ones that really make this forum happen. It is not just the responses from the regulars, but also all the responses from the less frequent posters, that give every new topic its special character.

The ideal result is that most members move on with their life, but drop by now and then to lend their support to others who are following in their footsteps. When that happens, this forum is truly valuable to every new AN patient.

So enjoy your life, but don't be a stranger!  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 04:21:11 pm »
Hi Gary,

Thanks so much for your positive post GK story.  I am having GK in about a month.  I don't see a lot of GK posters although moderators and others tell me there are many.  Hopefully I will be back with a positive GK story.  It is important for all involved to please post your positive stories no matter what treatment option you have chosen.  But, let's not forget those who are also struggling with their treatment either.  We are all important.

Thanks...

Nancy ;D ;D ;D
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

satman

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 09:26:51 am »
I'm here for you guys and thanks for the thank you it means so much.
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

wendysig

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 02:27:41 am »
I'm here for the humor the support I can offer and the support I've received and continue to receive.  This forum has made a real difference in my life and if I can return that favor to others I am happy to do it.  I guess this is what the expression "Pay it forward" is all about!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

robynabc

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 07:09:08 pm »
I know these are the greatest people around.   I too made a decision to help anyone I could after my son's surgery.  And I too have no life.  So,  here I am. 

I thank you all too.  As I have said before,  you are my heroes.

Robyn

18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 12:01:24 pm »
Robyn,

You do have a life--BRONCOS.  Can't wait for the game tonight.  Thanks to everyone for your support on this board. 

Nancy
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs