Author Topic: I'm gonna cry  (Read 5246 times)

tenai98

Re: I'm gonna cry
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 06:50:54 am »
I did ask for the report but his secretary said it was on his desk....duhhhh...but right now this is the least of my worries....my son's best friend was killied in afgan on wed and my other son leaves for that horrid place on monday....
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

Kaybo

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 08:22:24 am »
tenai98~
I am so sorry about your friend's son and can't even imagine the agony you are facing knowing your son is going there.  Know that I am praying for you to be able to find some PEACE in all of this...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Pembo

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 11:03:37 am »
HAve you tried putting the CD in your computer? Mine worked. I was able to view all of my MRI scans, even though I wasn't sure what I was looking at. These were scans one year after surgery so I did know to look for the bright white and I didn't see it.

It might help?!

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's son and best wishes to you and your son.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

tenai98

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 11:32:17 am »
Yes I have looked at the cd of the MRI and I can see the white spot on the left side. and there isnt any spots on the right side...I've compared it with other MRI posted on net and I know, I just know in my gut its AN...which is why I'm here...Plus all the symptons fit
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
Baha surgery sept 22/09
cyberknife on June 7

sgerrard

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 07:36:19 pm »
Does your CD start up with software for viewing the MRI? On mine, a program opens up. Besides showing the pictures, there is a button called Notes. When I click that, the content of the radiologist's report is displayed. If you are feeling impatient over the weekend, it might be worth poking around to see if you can find something similar.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

tenai98

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 05:53:17 am »
Steve, I'm going to check that right now...the cd does open up and I can see the tumor....it matches alot of tumors I see on here..on left side near ear canal ...white spot...so as I said I know its AN....The days will fly I'm sure...Going fishing today....saying goodbye to my son (who leave for afgan.) on sunday...seeing my son off on monday and probably pace all day tuesday....lol
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
Baha surgery sept 22/09
cyberknife on June 7

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 06:45:38 am »
Hi Joann (right name, correct?)

I've been following along... and first, want to say a "welcome" to you. I've been trying to play "catch up" around here as its been rather busy here lately....

My daddy always taught me "never to assume".... ok, we know the doc wants to see you.,...... and you are noting things on the films that could/couldn't be what you think.... now, please try to take a deep breath.  Let's see what the doc says to you as they are the trained eye for reading the films.  Many here know I have multiple ailments (some curable, some not) and for me, I have certainly learned over time not to assume.  I'm sending you all the good vibes I can.... I'm sending wellness wishes to you.... I want you healthy.  I'm taking a deep breath for you and if it is an AN, then you know we are all here to support you. If its not an AN, then we are still cheering you on.... and if its nothing of concern (my ultimate wish), well, heck... send some good vibes back to us, will ya?

I believe in the power of positive thinking.... I believe in mind over body.... I believe that regardless of what the dr tells you that you are going to do what you need to do to hang tough, with all of us cheering you on.

Please hang tough.... let's see what he says. I know the wait totally stinks (I'm in waiting mode as well and it can really wear on us mentally), so heres the vibes and
 huggles you need to stay strong.

Hang in there... and again, welcome.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

tenai98

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 07:29:31 am »
Ppearl214 I hear ya....Its usually something I live by...DNA...Do not assume...I guess i'm kinda preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.  But I will say that whatever it is IT will not defeat me...
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
Baha surgery sept 22/09
cyberknife on June 7

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 07:40:31 am »
Joann -

IMO your attitude of preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best is definitely the way to go.

You'll get through this, and as Phyl said, we'll be here to cheer you on.

Good luck,

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 04:58:03 pm »
Joann,
No, it will not defeat you, YOU will defeat IT.  Great attitude; it will serve you well.
Best wishes,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

calimama

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 05:12:10 pm »
tenai,

So sorry to hear of the loss of your son's friend in Afganistan. What was his name? How long is your son going over for? How does he feel?

BTW, i grew up new Pembroke (Barry's Bay) and was in the army reserves for a summer at university so i spent some time at Base Petawawa.

So at this point are you still waiting on word whether you have an AN? Geez you are really ahead of the game already here on this site.

Good luck with all these challenges.

Trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

Nicole222

• Nicole, Mommy to Jordan
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 07:24:59 pm »
I hope the days fly by for you.  I'll pray for the safety of your son.  Please keep us posted.  ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Had surgery (retrosigmoid) May 9th, 2008 to remove a 3.5cm AN from left side.
Home one week later, no facial nerve damage. 
SSD -Left ear.
Thankful daily for fantastic surgeons and wonderful family and friends.
34 years old.  Married mommy to Jordan, 23 months.

tenai98

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 05:49:39 am »
Big thanks to everyone for their heartfelt support...My son left yesterday for Afganistan and will be gone for 7 months...The other young lad who perished over there was named Dustin. He was a friend of my youngest son (who served his tour this past yr in afgan). My son's departure yesterday was horrible...One, given the fact that is was my b/day made it bad.  Then went he went for his roll call, he thought he would be able to come back to us and give us (his wife and two kids) a final goodbye..But he was told to board the bus..Luckily for a friend of his there with us, he was able to get ahold of an officer and explain that MIke didnt get his goodbye to his family...So they made him come off the bus.  It was absolutely horrible...I wasnt with my youngest when he left as he lives out west.
As for "Booger", I visit my ENT tomorrow at 10.  I have a load of questions for him.  I'll either post tonight or tomorrow morning the results, but in my heart I know what I know...I've looked at to many MRIs not to be blind to the fact that their is a white mass there.
Joann
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
Baha surgery sept 22/09
cyberknife on June 7

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 07:31:39 am »
Hi Joann-

Just read your thread again and noticed something that I wanted to comment on.  You mentioned that your MRI shows a white spot on the LEFT side, rather than the right.  What I learned from my own MRI is that the image is reversed - so that if you are looking at it, what appears on the left side of the image is actually the RIGHT side of your brain.  So, the white spot is probably actually on the right side of your brain. 

I just posted a picture of my pre-surgery mri on my blog (see below) and I had a right-side AN.  If you want to take a look at my MRI on my blog, you may be able to see some simllarities or differences to your own MRI.

In the meantime, best of luck tomorrow.

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

tenai98

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 07:46:32 am »
Yes I know that the images are reversed....lol..i looked at the scan and saw the the L and R are reversed..... ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
Baha surgery sept 22/09
cyberknife on June 7