Author Topic: Hey, where is the Cyberknife Forum?  (Read 5761 times)

sgerrard

Hey, where is the Cyberknife Forum?
« on: September 07, 2008, 02:09:05 pm »
When I click on my Cyberknife forum bookmark, I now get a weird web page from Go Daddy. I can't get to the forum itself, or any part of the CK patient support site.

This is the link I am using for the main website:
    http://www.cyberknifesupport.org/
I have also tried the sections:
    http://www.cyberknifesupport.org/forum/
    http://www.cyberknifesupport.org/about_the_doctors.html

Is it just me, or did something happen?

Steve

8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

cindyj

Re: Hey, where is the Cyberknife Forum?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 02:14:52 pm »
Hey Steve,

Not just you, I just tried and got the same weird thing???
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 02:22:37 pm »
I had been wondering this myself? Its not just you. I do hope they fix this soon....
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 06:31:28 pm »
Many of us running into this.. but I've been on it since this am :)

Accuray/CPSG website support is aware of the issue and are checking into it, based on my inside sources. Hoping they have it back up and running shortly. I have to harrass Dr. Medbery (and send wishes to a few folks as well).

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

claire1

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 08:25:27 pm »
Hi

Whats happened to our family? It's like its' disaappeared*******POOF

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 08:38:26 pm »
Just checked myself - still shows Go Daddy  :P

Weird.
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Mark

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 10:46:04 pm »
For those asking about the CPSG web site, I was also caught off guard by it's disappearance today as well and believe it at this point to be hosting problem which I've contacted the 'webmistress" about earlier today.

Hopefully, it will be up again in the near future

However, it is going through a transition as I have shared with the forum on several occasions over the last 6 months or so ( for those who read my posts)  ;)

The CK support group is dissolving and Accuray will be picking it up , inclusive of the doctors forum, in the near future. The hard truth is that web sites take time and money to operate and even though the CK web site was receiving between 300-400 thousand hits a month, there weren't a lot ( actually none) of folks hitting the "donate" button. So it is what it is, but Accuray will fund it going forward as part of their patient education effort.

It is rare that I have better contacts than Phyl, but this is probably one where I do. The CPSG board received an e-mail from the Patient relations coordinator at Accuray on Friday on a number of issues relative to CPSG. I will attach the sections specific to the web site transition so all those who are interested in that web site will know what is going on and where to find it. Again, I believe the current issue is related to the current hosting status , but this is where it will be going. Now you know what I do

Mark

So where does this leave the CPSG website and “Ask the Doctor� forum you ask?

Some of you are aware that Accuray is in the process of creating a patient educational site: www.cyberknife.com. This site has been designed and created truly as a patient education site. It will not be plastered with marketing material like logo placement and marketing jargon.

The communications team conducted its first focus group that reviewed the new site and I am happy to report the participants all had positive things to say about the content and layout. The focus group participants were not CK patients but many of them were cancer survivors and caregivers. Granted, the crowd was probably more educated than the “average Joe�, but they were all very supportive of the content and had some very useful feedback.

This site will offer patients comprehensive information about the CyberKnife treatment and have special sections that address treatment areas of the body such as the lung, prostate, head/neck (intracranial), spine, kidney, liver and pancreas. Included on the site will also be a special section on insurance and Medicare support, tips for family members and friends among other things.

The educational site will also host the “Ask the Doctor� forum. The current database that holds the forum will be replaced with a more modern version. Doctor Medbery and Doctor Spunberg have agreed to moderate the boards and provide featured guest doctors (TBD) who will respond to patient questions. The content on the old forum database will be preserved and archived. A link to the old forum will be available indefinitely. Once we switch over to the new forum the old forum will no longer be active but people will still be able to read what was posted. For new messages, they will be posted on the new forum.

All of the registered members on the CPSG site will receive an email notification approximately 2 weeks before this transition will take place.

We are also planning to create a message when people land on the various pages of the CPSG site notifying people of the move and new address.

We have a Phase II planned for the website which will include a patient advocate section and a CyberKnife community section where CK patients can add their story similar to a FaceBook page.

CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 07:35:37 am »
I have the same contact, m'dear and tickled you have shared this with all.... I will be meeting said "contact" when she arrives this month in Boston and look forward to Accuray moving forward in keeping patient education on the forefront.

see Mark.... you DO have the same contacts as me! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 10:29:01 am »
Mark -

thanks for the explanation.  Although I'm post-treatment, and didn't choose CK, I still like to refer others to the CyberKnife link since I think it's an outstanding resource.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 11:04:19 am »
Hi all,

I just got an update from the "powers that be" on the CPSG website. As of 12noon EST, they are working it, know what the issue is and should be back up and running in a couple of hours.  They appreciate everyone's patients and understanding while they work this.

Phyl

(jan....you are a terrific resource tool, m'dear. Thank you!)

Mark

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 11:08:49 am »
It's back up  as of 1 ET / 10 PT  :)
November 2001

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 11:18:06 am »
ya beat me to it! Thanks Mark :) BTW, did you get my phone message from 2 wks ago? CK results are in :)  Wanted to share the good news with you. Will buy Dr. Medbery a drink when he's here this month in celebration (and as a thank you to him). Will have to do the same for you some day soon (next business trip to CA).

CPSG all set!  Post away!
Phyl

Mark

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 12:24:15 pm »
Phyl,

yes I did, many congrats on the news and thanks for the nice message. I owe you a call but was on the road for business the last two weeks and several events scheduled for the weekends , so it's been hectic. I'll try to catch up with you later this week as I'm pretty stationary the next few days

mark
November 2001

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 12:55:50 pm »
No worries Mark. Glad to hear you are ok. :)

Seems the CPSG board is up and running just fine now.  As Mark noted... please look for future changes to the discussion forums over there.  Possible start of changes in the next month.

Phyl

Sheryl

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 05:52:13 pm »
Oh I hate changes!!!  :-\  (comes with age)
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W