Author Topic: Debbi's First Postie MRI Tomorrow!  (Read 8588 times)

cindyj

Re: Debbi's First Postie MRI Tomorrow!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 12:19:40 pm »
Hey Debbi,

Hope things went well today!  Know you are enjoying the valium :D   We'll be watching for the results...

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 02:32:43 pm »
Yes, Debbi, as soon as the Valium wears off (or did you get more for later, you sneaky girl..)  let us know...

Marci (tapping foot patiently)
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Lamsue23

• My "Magic AN Scarf" l day after surgery!
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 04:24:28 pm »
Hi Debbi,
     I'm with everyone else here wishing you good luck and we'll be waiting for the GOOD NEWS!!!!   

Lot's of prayers going your way....................
SueL/from NH
Retrosigmoid Surgery 8/6/2008 DHMC, Lebanon, NH 7.5 hrs.
Dr. Erkmen - neurosurgeon
Dr. Morrisson - neuro-ostology
Loss of hearing 70% in left ear.
Vision and Balance issues...Taste!!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 06:45:23 pm »
debbi,

was it a 2mg or 5mg valium? :D

Waiting for your update as well!

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 10:40:57 pm »
Oh my gosh, Debbi!

Tomorrow is now today, in fact, it's almost yesterday and we're all anxiously waiting for news.

Hope it's good!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 07:19:20 am »
Hi All-

Well, I have absolutely no idea what happened to the message I carefully crafted last night in my valium-induced haze, but I blame the valium!

Anywho ...  I've got nothing in my brain!!! ;D ;D ;D 

Arrived at NYU a little early, got checked in at the MRI unit in the basement, popped my valium (Phyl, I'm pretty sure it was 5 mg - I asked for the biggest dose they could give me!) and then bravely walked into the lair of the beast.  With Willie holding my feet (prepared to snatch me out at the slightest provocation) I entered the "spirit-sucking tunnel of death."  30 minutes later, all done.  Waited about 5 minutes while they burned a CD for me, then made our way to Dr. Golfinos' office, also in the NYU complex.

Dr. G was able to just pull the film up on the NYU intra-net system, which made this very efficient indeed.  He showed us where the fat was (yep, it is still there, and there it will remain) and the black spot where Ethel used to reside.  He said that the nubs they left behind would be too small to show up on film.  He was very pleased with his handiwork - and so are we.  Chatted a bit about my ongoing bouts of head pain - he had no explanation, just suggested paitence.  He said that a fair amount of trauma to the nerves around the base of my skull is normal, and I probably have a little bit of muscular trauma too which explains the pain down my neck. 

While there, I made my one-year appointment for the next MRI - April 28, 2009.  The first of many, I am sure.

I have tried, so far without success, to get a copy of one of the views from my CD.  I will take another stab at it later, with the hope that I can figure it out and then post a picture of the film here.

Thanks, everyone, for your support - you guys all rock!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

wendysig

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 07:34:56 am »
HI Debbi -
Congratulations on your great news!!! I am overjoyed for you!!!   I'm sure the valium was to blame for the disappearance of your previous post regarding your MRI.  I must have misunderstood my doc about the fat being reabsorbed.  Does this mean we are all fat heads?  I had to say it before someone else did!  Since so much oif mine seems to have leaked out does that make me (gasp!!) empty headed?  Did you ask him how much fat he put in your head -- I'm just curious --I keep meaningi to ask my doc but always have so many questions I forget that one. 

Wendy - Doing hte happy dance for you!

1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 07:49:40 am »
Thanks, everyone, for your support - you guys all rock!

naw, we RAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Congrats on the terrific news, Debbi! You got nuttin' up there! (well, ok, a hint of fat but heck, I got a whole lotta that anyway!).  We like great news around here... and continued wellness wishes to you! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Lamsue23

• My "Magic AN Scarf" l day after surgery!
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 07:53:04 am »
Debbie,
     WOW, congratulations for getting through the MRI, I'm with you on those and congratulations on the results.  It's a great day for all kinds of great news.......Anymore good news out there........ :)
SueL/from NH
Retrosigmoid Surgery 8/6/2008 DHMC, Lebanon, NH 7.5 hrs.
Dr. Erkmen - neurosurgeon
Dr. Morrisson - neuro-ostology
Loss of hearing 70% in left ear.
Vision and Balance issues...Taste!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 08:25:02 am »
Debbi:

Allow me to add my congratulations on your very successful MRI!  This is wonderful news and we celebrate it right along with you.  :)

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Sammict

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 09:09:58 am »
Congratulations I am so glad to hear all went well

Sam

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 09:19:29 am »
Thanks, everyone!  And, Wendy, we post surgeries are either fat heads or air heads.  I think you may be able to claim the distinction of being both!  Dr. G did say that the fat will decrease over time, but he said it'll always be there.  As long as that's all that's there, I'm happy.

And, may I just say again for those who are claustrophic - valium!! 

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Kaybo

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 10:57:44 am »
Wendy~
The fat does disappear or reabsorb - I know this b/c I remember my doctor and I talking about how it was gone & now I have an indention in my head.  I asked him why it dissolved on my head & not on my tummy and his response was,"Only you would ask me that..."  Never really gave me an answer!! 

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 11:13:54 am »
The fat does disappear or reabsorb - I know this b/c I remember my doctor and I talking about how it was gone & now I have an indention in my head. 

So, K, will this happen to all us fatheads  ???  And just how big is this "indentation"  ???  :o

Sorry for the hijack, Debbi.

Congratulations on the clean MRI.  I know from experience how good that feels!  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 11:23:03 am »
First, congratulations Debbi, on what I hope will be the first in a series of successfully boring MRI's.  Second, I don't have fat in my head (that makes me an airhead?) and I do have a small indentation, which I will ask the doctor about at some point.

Again, YAY Debbi!

Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.