Author Topic: for those along the TX/Gulf coast (and inland)  (Read 13231 times)

kimbo

• We do not remember days....we remember moments.
Re: for those along the TX/Gulf coast (and inland)
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2008, 04:38:33 pm »
Prayers coming from Aussie land.

Kimbo
Diagn 8/8/08 AN right 13mm x 9mm
mod/severe hearing loss & tinnitus
Translab surgery 05/17/2011
SSD & CSF leak x 4
Aussie

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2008, 06:21:31 am »
Well Brian, I am very glad all is well with you and family!  That's two down, now one to go.....Brenda will probably be busy for quite some time but I send my prayers for her health and safety. 

Seeing the pictures I'm amazed and very sorry for all who are dealing with Ike. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

wendysig

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2008, 06:10:02 pm »
Brian,

I'll join the chorus.   I'm very glad to hear you Jenni and the kids are okay.  I hope your power stays on too!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

LADavid

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2008, 08:31:38 pm »
Karen

In answer to your question a few posts ago, I was in Miami Lakes during Andrew.  Nothing compared to Cutler Ridge -- but a big mess.  Once you're in the middle of one of those things, you really question your intelligence for not leaving.  I'd never do it again.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2008, 08:43:07 pm »
wooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, we got power back forty-five minutes ago!!  We look like a war zone here!  My heart  goes out to the folks in Galveston though.  It is worse than they are showing on television.
We lost a few shingles, a lot of fence (everyone did) and a lot of plans and one storm shutter.  We are ll safe and no worse for the wear!  We had a battery thingy hooked to the car so we could run the TV and a light and the fish tank.  (all the important stuff).  My daughter had some flooding and lots and lots of trees down on her house and around it.  It will take a bit longer to get her back to normal or close.  I'll post pictures as soon as I remember how!  Thanks for all the prayers.  They were answered!!
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

sgerrard

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2008, 08:58:38 pm »
Yay, there she is! Great to hear you are okay, Brenda. And that the fish made it as well! Galveston did look bad in the news I saw, I hope it isn't too terrible.

Best wishes to all  who weathered the big storm of the year.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Brendalu

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2008, 05:54:06 am »
The peak we got from a boat is that Galveston looks simular to Ground Zero in NYC.  Lots and lots of work to be done there.  Several friends lost all.  We are now on a clean up mission and helping out with warm showers, hot food and fresh clothes.  Lots of folks here won't have power for about two months.  We were the lucky ones.  I hope all thosein the Midwest are staying dry and above the flooding, my prayers go out to them.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2008, 06:04:35 am »
Brenda!!!!!!!! Oh, I've been looking for updates from you!!!! Prayers continued for your friends and everyone in the area.  I'm so glad you have checked in........

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2008, 06:43:01 am »
Brenda~
SSSOOOOOOOOOOO glad to hear a report and that you are all doing well!!  Continued prayers for all who are trying to clean up & get their lives back...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2008, 09:29:24 am »
Brenda - I'm glad you're okay and staying dry and safe!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2008, 10:13:26 am »
I too am very relieved to hear from you Brenda, I was very concerned!  I know you have much to deal with especially helping out your daughter, but thank you for taking time out to give us an update. 

Praying still for all who struggle in Texas and north.

David, I smiled regarding your comment and yes, when one is in the deciding stages of whether to leave then finds themselves in the thick of it with hands tied so to speak makes you second guess ones intelligence! 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2008, 11:04:01 am »
Very relieved to hear from you dear Brendaluwench! The news images are triggering the PTSD I have left over from Hugo.  At least those people have a decent local government to help them out.  Ours in the Virgin Islands was a joke. I waited in a food line for 7 hours and all I got was 2 cans of peaches.  Then I got a phone bill for $300 and hadn't had a phone for 3 months, and I had to wait in line all day to straighten that out. Just keep doling out those showers and helping out where ever you can. Anyone affected by such a catastrophy really appreciates it!!!

Capt Deb

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2008, 12:06:40 pm »
I'm glad we finally heard from you, Brendalu!  The whole town is littered with war zones.  I've seen only a little bit of it..  Glad you guys are ok..  Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Brendalu

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2008, 01:05:15 pm »
We ventured out a little further today to take stuff we had too much of and to deliver ice and just wow!  We are indeed fortunate. 
Capt Deb, it is really funny you said that about the phone bill...AT&T called this morning to see if we wanted to change our cell plan so that we could get better service during the aftermath of the storm!!  I laughed and said I'll use my Vonage account now that I have power back on.  My insurance company has already been here to make an assessment and brought a couple of cases of water, some non-persihables and a bunch of other stuff.  I tried to explain that we  didn't need that stuff but they said they had to bring it to us because we were in a disater area.  I was and am impressed by them. I distributed the stuff when we were out and about.
My grandson desperately wanted a Happy Meal so we found one!!  He's is very happy now!
Thanks for all of the prayers.
Not near as bad as Hugo, Capt Deb, and our local, county and state governemnts are working hard to get everything up and running. 
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

LADavid

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2008, 01:52:01 pm »
Yay, Brenda.  It was like you went off into one of those Black Holes and lost contact with Earth.  So glad all is well.  I do know what you mean about Galveston -- it was the same with Cutler Ridge during Andrew -- it looked like a war zone.  I don't know what it's like near you but to see an area that has every bit of foliage and bark stripped from trees leaving not much more that a wood pole is eeire.

Hope the recovery goes well.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments