Author Topic: prayers are welcome!  (Read 4327 times)

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
prayers are welcome!
« on: September 12, 2008, 03:26:23 pm »
Well my friends,  the hurricane is about to push my already well exercised anxiety levels to an all time high.  My home and the surrounding areas are directly in the path of Hurricane Ike.  I am in Austin.  I evacuated last night.  The drive took twice as long as usual, but nothing like the 20 hours it took for Rita.  My heart is heavy with worry.  There is nothing I can do at this point except hope for the best,  Ironically, the remodeling project that took 8 weeks was just finished this past week :-\

Nothing to do now but wait, watch, and pray.

msmaggie
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
Re: prayers are welcome!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 03:33:18 pm »
I'm so sorry, MS Maggie.  My heart and prayers go out to you and all the families that this is affecting.
I'm so glad you are out of there.  I will pray that your house will be standing and all will be fine when you come home.
I hope you were able to take a few "important things" with you.  At least it won't be your lives that are at stake.
Please know I care and will be praying constantly.
God Bless,
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.

Lamsue23

• My "Magic AN Scarf" l day after surgery!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 03:38:45 pm »
msmaggie,
      All our prayers are with you and everyone that will be affected by this hurricane.  Glad you had time to get out, now the only thing we can do is pray......God Bless!!  Keep safe......
SueL/from NH
Retrosigmoid Surgery 8/6/2008 DHMC, Lebanon, NH 7.5 hrs.
Dr. Erkmen - neurosurgeon
Dr. Morrisson - neuro-ostology
Loss of hearing 70% in left ear.
Vision and Balance issues...Taste!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 03:52:08 pm »
Maggie -

I'm praying right along with you.

Let's hope for the best.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Zoe

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 03:56:46 pm »
My prayers are with you and all you Texans down there.  You cannot control any of it at this point.  So try to take one day at a time and put the rest in God's hands.  Easy for me to say as I sit here at work wanting to go home for the weekend and not under the pressure of a hurricane!

Peace,
Zoe 
Diagnosed 7/28/08 with 1.7 cm X .6 cm AN in left ear
Some hearing loss
Researching and praying to find a good doctor in northeast OH asap

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 04:05:47 pm »
I hope all is well...we're thinking about you!
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 04:17:19 pm »
So sorry you're in the storm's path--I'm thinking of you.   Please update us with the "all clear".
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 05:42:23 pm »
Thinking of you.  Good to hear that you evacuated.  My husband's parents went through Katrina.  The last we heard from them before it hit was they were on the floor of the bathroom waiting.  It was three days later that we finally heard from them, and thank goodness they were OK.  It was horrible not knowing what happened to them.  Your loved ones are blessed in knowing that you are out of harms way.  You did the right thing to leave.  Hope your house will make it through.  Keep us updated.

Nancy
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

Kaybo

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 06:40:44 pm »
"ms maggie"~
I am certainly keeping all of you in my prayers - you really didn't need one more thing to have put upon you right now.  Hope and pray that all goes well for you & your "stuff" - at least you're out - that is the most important thing!

Peace,
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

sgerrard

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 07:11:35 pm »
Maggie,

Best wishes to you and all those enduring the hurricane in Texas.

This topic was moved to AN Community, since it is about people, not brain tumors. Hope you don't mind, we are trying to tidy up a bit.

Take care and stay safe.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 07:33:49 pm »
Maggie,
I don't blame you for leaving--big storms are very stressful and you don't need any added stress.  Where are you staying?  We all pray your home makes it through unscathed and that you can return soon and get back to your life.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 11:36:10 pm »
MsMaggie,

I, obviously, can empathize with ya.  I'm riding out the storm with my family in the northwest side of town.  We just started seeing some rain, so it's all just beginning here.  You definitely don't need more stress.  I'm glad you went to Austin as it should be less severe up there.  Take care and let us know when you come back.

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Crystal

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 08:08:40 am »
Adding my prayers to the mix.
Stay safe!
Crystal.
Dr. Chang - Stanford U - April 2004 Cyberknife 15mm X 12mm
Dr. Schwartz and Doctor Luxford - House Ear Clinic - Dec 2006 Translab 19.1mm X 15mm

JulieE

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 09:10:07 am »
Well, I'm glad your safe here in Austin.  Are you staying with family of friends here?  If you are in a hotel and your home sustained damage/you can't return soon, we have a furnished cabin we could extend to you - just PM me.  We are just South of Bastrop.  Our horses and dogs will do what they can to alleviate stress!  Prayers for minimal damage...
Best,
Jules

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 08:15:46 am »
Good morning to all!

We are back in our house...only minor damage-fence, shingles, and many many many branches.  Neighbors have been wonderful.  The man next door, whom we had not even met, had a huge generator.  He showed up at our door with an extension cord so we could plug the fridge into the generator.  That meant we had ice and food storage, so we stored food for neighbors.  The lady next door has a gas stove so she brought over several hot meals.  When we all had young children we were visiting all the time, but the neighborhood has aged and we kind of lost touch.  Ike has made us aware of how much we have been missing by driving into our garages every evening and then going straight into our houses. 
Power came on in the wee hours of the morning and you would have thought we won the lottery!!  Galveston is destroyed and will have a very difficult time with recovery...see N.O. and Katrina.  My school will not reopen until Monday, and the area around it just now has sewage and water.  Still no power.

Many thanks for your prayers and good thoughts.  I sat in Austin with my son and watched Ike barrel right up Galveston Bay.  I knew we were in the crosshairs, and it was a surreal feeling to see it comimg.   Thanks also for the offer of shelter, Jule:)  What a great community this is!  I have been so encouraged.

Love,
msmaggie
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.