Author Topic: New here and worried  (Read 3893 times)

Jinxy

Re: New here and worried
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 04:46:11 am »
Well my MRI is scheduled for Friday. At least I don't have to wait too much longer.

With your audiograms, did you have No Response for you Acoustic Reflex test for your affected side?

Cheers,

Jinxy

Jinxy

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 05:17:00 am »
Hi had my MRI today. They said they'd send the results to the ENT b Wednesday.

It sure was a strange experience.

I took a xanax before but really should have taken 2.

My son had a brain injury when he was 7 and he had maybe 6 MRIs with no meds. Bless his little heart.

I had an eye mask and headphones and never opened my eyes at all. As soon as I laid on the table, I shut my eyes. Sometimes the shaking made it seem like my heart was pounding really hard. I couldn't tell if it was or not.

I was worried about the dye shot but that was nothing. Couldn't even tell there was anything in me. I had a dye for my kidneys one time and you could feel it and taste it.

So that's it. I'll find out one way or the other by the end of next week.

sgerrard

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 09:29:37 am »
Oddly enough, I have to hope that it shows no AN and that you don't even need to be here (you're welcome to stay in any case).

Patience is a virtue, and it looks like you get some practice at it while waiting for the result next week. As a computer programmer with a treated AN, I can tell you that there is life and work after ANs, should it come to that.

Let us know when you find out, and best wishes.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 09:56:43 am »
Hi there Jinxy …down under,

Welcome to our ANA forum. Although we are based in the USA we have people from ALL over the world coming on-line here...  to ask questions and contribute.

Many people find support here…

Hard as it might be- wait until you get the results of the MRI until you jump to any conclusions about your having an Acoustic Neuroma tumor and try to remain positive. Tinnitus and hearing loss can also be part of other health issues too. Wait until you get accurate diagnoses- but know that you are always welcome here.

This on-line group is very supportive.  I cannot stress enough how important it is to also connect in person, with others, – in addition to on-line discussions.

Here are some resources available to you down there in Auzzie land

http://www.anaa.org.au/aboutus.html\\

http://www.anaa.org.au/meetings.html

http://www.hearing.com.au/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=164&languageId=1&contentId=-1

“If� this is in fact an acoustic neuroma tumor, and with your family so far away, you are going to need supportive people around you- during treatment and recovery.

Hugs and welcome to you from a Canadian residing in Oregon State USA.

DHM

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 01:58:11 pm by 4cm in Pacific Northwest »
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 10:18:59 am »
let us all know how it goes on wednesday
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 11:55:57 am »
Jinxy -

sorry to hear you found the MRI so traumatic; but I'm glad it's over with.

Please let us know your results next week.

We're hoping for the best.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jinxy

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 08:27:22 pm »
Thanks again for your well wishes and support. It really means a lot.

I'm a newly transplanted Aussie. I was born in Ohio and spent the majority of my life in Indiana.  ;D

I'm just keeping neutral about the outcome. It could be AN. It could be something. else.

My dentist had called me for a follow up and I told him what was going on and he is wondering if I have TMJ so I'm going in to see about that too.

Yes the MRI was a trip! I'm extremely claustrophobic and have anxiety anyway. After it was done, I was feeling pretty brave. I had taken the train there by myself. Taking the train while still a bit loopy from the Xanax was interesting too. Some man kept licking his mobile and tapping it on his tongue and I was trying so hard not to laugh.  ;D

So yeah, even in tough times and uncertainty there is always something to chuckle about.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2008, 07:55:02 am »
So yeah, even in tough times and uncertainty there is always something to chuckle about.

Jinxy -

it sounds like you definitely have the right attitude to cope with this.

Keep smiling, it will help you get through  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways