Author Topic: Update on MaryBKAriz  (Read 3768 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Update on MaryBKAriz
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 06:36:50 am »
Steve -

Glad you're back; hope your dad is doing well.

I guess the first question is, do you really knit  ???

I'm thinking not, so I'll let you off the hook.  Considering it all started out as a joke.

Unless, you really do knit - and then I definitely want my hat  :D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 11:00:11 pm »
Jan,

I confess I don't knit - yet. Although it started as a gag, I find that now I want to make the hats, even if it takes till next August, as I think it would. I have to wonder, how hard would it be to knit some beanies?

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 06:36:07 am »
Sorry, can't help you with that question, Steve.

Although both my sisters are very talented seamstresses and quilters, I am not "domestic"  :D

It's all I can do to sew on a button, so I don't think I'll be knitting anytime soon.

However, if you do give it a try, I think Lori and I were the first ones to request hats - so make mine green  ;)

Now, where is Mary with that picture ???  I PM'd her instructions on how to post a photo days ago.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 12:48:48 pm »
Hi Steve,

I just read about your dad's hip replacement. I hope he is progressing well. I will be thinking about him. I am glad you had theopportunity to be with him. I am sure he is even more glad! :)

As to knitting.....when I learned I was going to be a mother over 38 years ago, I immediately thought I needed to learn to knit. I was SOOOOOO bad at it. I felt like I had a flaw as a mom and my baby wasn't even born.  :D  Good luck if you decide to take it up. I know many enjoy it. Is there such a thing as a knitting machine for people who want to just enjoy making hats????

I am having Oregon withdrawals. We had such great weather. Everything was so beautiful! One day as we traveled down the coast we asked aobut where to do laundry and the guy said, why do laundry on this beautiful day? Problem is, we ran out of clothes before we had a rainy day!

Take care,

Mary 8)
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK