Author Topic: This Week 9/22 In The Medically Elite AN World  (Read 7019 times)

LADavid

This Week 9/22 In The Medically Elite AN World
« on: September 22, 2008, 10:19:36 am »
A little slow getting started this week -- had a busy Sunday and football season is getting back into full swing -- and well you know how that goes.

After a few slow weeks, things are beginning to pick up again as we move into the Fall AN Season.  First up, on Thursday, Tammy (Tamara) has her BAHA surgery.  Good going Tammy and best wishes.  Seems like you just had your AN Surgery.

Also on Thursday, Jan clebrates her 39th Birthday.  Yea Jan.  Happy Birthday.  And before you make any comments on the age Lori, remember who has a birthday next week?

Then on Friday, LisaA from North Carolina is having a Retrosigmoid (I think that's what you decided on). And is that a 5 PM sugery time?   Best wishes Lisa.

And finally on Friday Lori (Lori67) is having a 7-12 Jump Surgery at St Thomas Hospital in Nashville.  Hey Lori, while I'm not sure what that is, here's hoping that the surgery is wildly successful and that you'll be able to jump again and play basketball and high jump and even jump for joy  ;). *David cranks up Van Halen's "Jump"*.  Have a great surgery, Lori.

And here's hoping that everyone has a great week.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

lori67

Re: This Week 9/22 In The Medically Elite AN World
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:53:42 am »
David, you mean Jan is turning 39?  I would have guessed 24.   ;)

Happy Birthday to Jan!

GOOD LUCK to Tammy!!!  You'll love your BAHA - you just have to be patient (again...) until processor day comes!

LisaA - I'll send good wishes your way from my OR to yours.  Sweet dreams while you're under!  Can't wait to hear good news afterwards.

And David, I know I will jump for joy if this surgery works, but I think even with 100% success, I'd still be lousy at basketball!   :-\  But thanks for the idea to put "Jump" on my ipod!!  Maybe I'll ask the surgeon to play it in the OR to get him truly inspired!! 

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 11:21:22 am »
Truth be told, I'll be 47 on the 25th  :o and I have the gray hairs to prove it  :D

Tammy -  hope things go very well for you.  As Lori said, you'll love your BAHA  ;D

Lisa -  had retrosigmoid myself; recovery takes a while, but be patient and you'll be back among us as a postie before you know it.

Lori -  David's music selection is an outstanding one; I'd definitely ask the docs to play it.  Sorry to hear you don't be able to play basketball any better than you currently do, but I'm hopeful the surgery will be very successful.

Jan 
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 01:20:53 pm »
Lisa: my very best wishes and prayers will be with you as you approach AN surgery this week.

Tammy:  I also will pray for a smooth and successful BAHA surgery for you.

Lori
:  I pray that the 7-12 graft will go well and you'll have success from the procedure.

Jan
Happy birthday!  If its any consolation, I remember being 47.  I thought I was 'getting old'....that was in 1990 when gas was about $1.20 per gallon.  Trust me, age is relative.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

sgerrard

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 08:01:15 pm »
Ditto!  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 08:54:44 pm »
Thanks, Jim & Steve  ;D

Age IS relative - I don't feel any older than Lori  :D

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 05:08:21 am »
Good luck to all of you having surgery and proceedures!  My pirate socks are wearing very thin but the good thoughts are there!
Jan, Happy Birthday on Thursday!  47 was a wonderful age for me, but then so is 57!  Enjoy your special day.  (9/25 is my oldest daughter's birthday,also, she will be 37!)
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Tamara

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 05:43:52 am »
Hey Lisa and Lori - Best wishes on your procedures!  I'll be thinking about you both!  And Jan - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I'm thinking I'm getting off with the easiest "procedure" this week, including the birthday...  ;)

Thanks for the wishes and prayers - you know they are truly and deeply appreciated.
Hugs to all,
Tammy
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 05:44:47 am »
Tammy! Good luck and wishes.... Just rolling along and will follow along to see how the BAHA surgery goes!  Good for you! :)

Lisa, I got my pirate gear all ready for Friday!!!!!!!  Wellness wishes and will be looking for those updates! Hang tough! You're SO close to the land of "Postiehood!"

Lori.......huggles..... let's get you done and you've got great inspiration of those that have already had it done..... although... it's going to be quiet around here.... hmmmmmmmmmm... is Jan going to pick up the slack in your absence? ;)

Jan.... OMG.... you're going to be Fifty-what?  :o
*runs like heck out of thread*

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lori67

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 06:50:16 am »
Phyl,

You think it's going to be quiet without me here to keep Jan in line?   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

wendysig

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 07:38:35 am »
David  - Thanks for the updates.

Lisa - Good luck with your AN surgery later this week - you'll be in my toughts and prayers!

Lori - Good luck with your 7/12 nerve jump on Friday -- I hope this helps you enormously.  You know you will  be in my thoughts and prayers!

Tammy - Good luck with your BAHA surgery -- I am suffering from a huge case of BAHA envy and can't wait until it's my turn!!!

Jan - Happy 24th  Birthday!!  I thought you were turning 23 but I guess I got that wrong!!  At least I was making you younger, untilke some other people!!!

Phyl -- You are so bad!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 10:33:05 pm »
Brenda -

think your daughter would agree to swap ages with me  ???

Tammy -

you are getting off with the easiest "procedure" this week - since unlike my BAHA surgery, I currently have no plans to be anesthetized on Thursday  :D

Wendy -

you are much kinder than Phyl - although I guess Phyl owes me for all the sh*t I give her; not to mention the hijacks.  Someone has to keep her on her toes though  ;)

Lori -

I'll do my best to make you proud in your absence.  If you care to PM me any tricks prior to your surgical extravaganza, don't hesitate ;D

Jan

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 06:21:19 am »
Jan,

She thinks she is ancient and I try to tell her that her life only just beginning.......................she doesn't get it!
My 30's, 40's and even 50's were and are way better tahn my teens and 20's, maybe not the body and the brain, but all the grace and wisdom that comes along with age is wonderful!
I hope your birthday is the greatest one yet!
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

wendysig

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 08:55:21 am »
Tammy,
I just wanted to wish you luck again for your BAHA surgery tomorrow (I am so jealous!!!).  Before you know it, it will be over and in just a few months you'll be hearing almost as well as you used to, if somewhat differently.,

Jan -  I know you don't plan on being anesthetized tomorrow but I think you should have a celebratory cocktail.  Hope you have a very Happy Birthday!!  It's not every day you turn 24 (again!)

Wendy

1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 01:32:06 pm »
Lisa, Lori, and Tammy,

Best of Luck with your surgeries this week--I'll be sending a little pirattitude your way for sure!

And Jan--If you drink some grog on your birthday, just don't do nuthin' I wouldn't do and if you do, just remember where your clothes are! ;)

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW