Author Topic: Prayers needed  (Read 10973 times)

Tamara

Re: Prayers needed
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 05:56:51 pm »
A bit of wisdom from my then 9-year-old son:  my dear aunt passed away, I was sad and crying.  He said, "Don't be sad - she's where she's supposed to be".  My condolences,

Tammy
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

wendysig

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 07:40:55 pm »
Jan,
I am so very sorry to hear of Kelly's passing.  I know how hard this must be for her family, friends, you and your children.  Kids tend to think they are invincible and a blow like this is very scary for them.  It is a shame for a 12 year old to have to feel his/her own mortality.  I too hugged my kids a little closer, longer and harder tonight.  Kelly and her family are in my prayers as are you and your twins.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 09:09:33 pm »
That is surely every mother's nightmare, and my heart goes out to the family and friends.  I lost one of my students at school when she was 12, and it took me years to get over it.  I couldn't imagine her being anything but the bright, happy child she was in my classroom.
How very heartbreaking to have it all come on so suddenly.

Maggie
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 03:37:21 pm »
Jan,
I emailed today before hearing the news to get an update on Kelly. I woke up thinking about her and her family today and said a little prayer for them as I drove through Starbucks to get my morning coffee. I mention this because on my cup it had this message and I instantly thought of your daughter......Here it goes.....(for those of you who don't drink coffee the Starbucks cups have quotes on them and nice words of wisdom on them.)

The Way I See IT #292
The way we get to live forever is through memories stored in the hearts and souls of those whose lives we touch. That's our soul print. It's our comfort, our emotional nourishment at the end of the day and the end of a life. How wonderful that they are called up at will and savored randomly. It seems to me we should spend our lives in a conscious state of creating these meaningful moments that live on. Memories matter.
----Leeza Gibbons

It is so odd that I got this message on my cup today so this one's for YOU and YOUR DAUGHTER.

Love,
Angie.

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 05:24:12 pm »
Jan,

I would like to share with you an article I cut out many, many years ago.  This moment is so appropriate......

There Is No Death

I'm standing upon the seashore; a ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean.  She is an object of beauty and great strength.  I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and the sky come together to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says:  'There, she's gone'.  Gone where?  Gone from my sight, that is all.  She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living weight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in ME, not in HER, and just at the moment that somenoe at my side says:  'There, she's gone', there are other eyes watching her coming and other voices taking up the glad shout:  'Here she is!'

And that is dying.

Jan, God is right there in front of you, just look into the eyes of you, your children, family and friends, animal and foe.  God has not left the room. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 05:36:38 pm »
Jan-

I was so sorry to hear this.  I can't understand how children can be taken by cancer - it just seems so wrong.  I can't even imagine what her family is going through.  Give your kids extra hugs, and yourself, too.

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

lori67

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 08:47:00 pm »
Angie and Karen,

Those are both really nice thoughts.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

LisaP

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2008, 05:30:52 am »
I'm so sorry to hear about this story and this little girl.  I haven't been on line too much because my 49 year old brother is currently on hospice for a CA brain tumor.  When he came home from the hospital on September 22nd they gave him one day to a week.  It has been now two weeks. 

I know that there is no hope, but I go over every day to see him.  He has a wife and three daughters and a grandson.  He like Kelly was healthy and back on September 8, 2007 woke up with a headache and was rushed to the hospital.  It has been a year of hell for my family and his.

The only way that I have been able to get through this is that I know that when he does pass, he will not suffer anymore and that one day I will see him again.

Lisa P.
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

Kaybo

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2008, 06:23:55 am »
LisaP~
I am so sorry to hear about your brother.  I knew from talking to you that he was sick, but did not know that it had escalated to this point.  Peace to you and his family.

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2008, 06:33:32 am »
Lisa.....there is a BIG huggle waiting for you in November that I will be personally delivering to you.....I am so very sorry to hear of this..... no words will help right now, but know that I am thinking of you all and saying prayers during this most difficult time.

Huggles.... major huggles.....

xoxoxo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2008, 06:53:09 am »
Oh Jan that is so sad. One of my daughters is almost 12. My heart goes out to Kelly's family. Life just doesn't seem fair at times. I am saying a prayer for her and her family to have the strength they need to endure what they are going through.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2008, 07:15:44 am »
Hi Lisa

I'm praying for your brother, family and you.  You are now faced with the most difficult time in all our lives--death of a loved one.  Your brother is blessed he has you and family to be there with him as he departs knowing he isn't alone facing his ultimate experience as a loved human being. 

Hold strong as I know you are dealing with much and know we (the ANA family) are here to support you should you falter. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2008, 08:30:08 am »
Thanks again to everyone.

Angie, my daughter is a big Starbucks fan and loves to read the cups, so I'll be sure to share your message with her.

And Karen, your words helped me a lot.  I've been having a real crisis of faith the past few days.  It just all seems so senseless for a 12 year old to pass away this suddenly and this tragically.  I'm trying very hard to believe that God hasn't left the room.

I'm also feeling somewhat guilty that I survived my brain tumor and Kelly didn't survive hers.  I know they were two different types, but I've lived a long, full life compared to her.  I realize God has a plan for all of us, but I desperately wish I knew that plan.

Lisa, my prayers are with you, your brother, and your family.  May you find strength in each other and in the love of those around you.  Hold onto the good memories of him and keep them close to your heart.

Kelly is being waked today and will be laid to rest tomorrow morning.  My daughter, Alyssa, and Kelly's other friends are having a hard time with this, but they are supporting each other.

Please continue to keep Kelly and her family in your prayers.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2008, 08:38:52 am »
Jan~
Right after I had surgery, my high school golf coach's daughter died of brian cancer.  I had babysat for them and was close to the family.  I felt such guilt that I was still alive & their little girl had been taken from them.  I know how hard of a struggle that is.  I will keep YOU in my prayers too as you try to sort all of this out in your mind & heart and as you are there for your daughter.  I know the next few days & weeks will be tough - I pray that you can gain strength from all the prayers and the arms of our sweet Jesus wrapped around you.

<3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2008, 05:30:45 pm »
I'm sorry Jan, there are just no words for something like this.  It is truly heartbreaking.  Hang in there.
Best,
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.