Author Topic: I'm back!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6819 times)

wendysig

Re: I'm back!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 11:40:17 pm »
Lori,
Sorry but I just realized I missed your birthday!!  Happy belated 24th  birthday.  I hope you celebrated with an extra large helping for your favorite ice cream!!!

Hugs,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lori67

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2008, 10:22:48 am »
Oh, Wendy, yes a really big serving of ice cream!  I managed to get a small slice of cake down, but it turned out to be more effort than I'd like, so I'm sticking with ice cream and milk shakes for now.

Good news - I drove past Dairy Queen yesterday and noticed on the sign that this month's "Shake of the Month" is thin mint!  Guess what I'm having for lunch today???  Mmmmmm.....

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2008, 11:34:27 am »
Yeah Lori, you are back!!! We missed you. I hope you are getting the rest you need to heal quickly. I also hope eveyone is waiting on you hand and foot. Here's hoping for lots and lots of zips and zaps and tingles. You are a wonderful  healing machine. Take care, glad to see your post.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

lori67

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2008, 08:05:23 pm »
Hmmm... I'm looking for the people that are supposed to be here waiting on me....and the ones that are supposed to let me rest....nope..don't see 'em.

For my "rest" today, we went to the pumpkin patch to get pumpkins, went on a hayride and through a hay maze, then to the park.  Earlier in the week, we went furniture shopping, cell phone shopping, Halloween costume shopping, etc...  I can't wait to see what kind of rest is in store for me tomorrow.  It's exhausting!

I do get some interesting looks while we're out though - not only is half my face droopy, but I've got a line of gross steri-strips down the side of my face and around my ear and I sound like I've had one tee many martoonies!  I should start telling people I got drunk and fell off my barstool - that's where the stitches came from!   ;D

Now, I'm going to go tell James that you guys said to get me some more ice cream while I put my feet up and rest!!!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2008, 08:30:47 pm »
Lori -

as all moms know, if you truly wanted rest you should have stayed in the hospital  ;)

Tell James to take the kids out tomorrow without you - and stay home and get some rest!!!

Oh yeah, and lay off the martoonies, would ya???  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2008, 08:37:17 pm »
Lori~
Only lay off them until Jan & I can be there to enjoy them with you...OK, that is a scary thought - the 3 of us with too many martoonies in us!!!!!!!!!

K   ;D

Lori, I hope this is in the "Community" section
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2008, 08:58:32 pm »
Yes, I figured it would wind up in the Community section eventually anyway, so I just started it there to begin with.  Our moderators are over worked.  I wanted to give them a break.   :-*

Lori

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2008, 09:09:37 pm »
Lori,
I could use some ice cream as well; cold things make the inside of my mouth feel better.  Alas, no ice cream here and Brian is glued to the OSU/Wisconsin game.  And I'm far too recovered to ask for shopping favors.  Perhaps there are other favors??  ;D
Marci 
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2008, 11:39:50 pm »
I've never had a martooni, but I'm not at all opposed to changing that.   Looking forward to the party, K  ;D

Perhaps if we offer some to the moderators, Phyl in particular, they'll stop turfing all our posts to AN Community.

Love ya, Phyl  :-*  ;)

BTW, Lori, very astute of you to just start this post in the Community  8)
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2008, 02:27:24 pm »
I know I'm late on this, but congrats on coming home after your jump surgery!  I'm glad things went as planned, or at least seemed to have.  As long as the chocolate part is still working, then everything else is just gravy.  :)  Welcome back!

Regards,

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager