Author Topic: my latest MRI and surgery date scheduled  (Read 8985 times)

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
Re: my latest MRI and surgery date scheduled
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2008, 09:45:09 am »
The last update by me for the next week, I hope  ;)

I am done with packing and slightly nervous, but I do believe this is normal!

I am flying tomorrow early in the morning 7 am (Bulgarian time - midnight NY time) to Hannover through Munich!

It starts...

Hrissy

4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co

wendysig

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2008, 06:03:36 pm »
Hrissy,
I hope your journey to Hannover and your AN journey are both  quick uneventul.  You have had more than your share of troubles and I hope that lis at an end.  Remember to keep positive thoughts as we will all be sending positive thoughts and prayers for a wonderful outcome your way.  We will all be anxiously waiting for news from you. 

Wishing you only good things,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

hruss

• young and cheerful!
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2008, 12:38:47 pm »
Hi everybody,

this is Petar Tahchiev (I am Hrissy's brother). She asked me to give you some information on her condition.

We arrived in Hannover on Sunday and the operation was scheduled for Monday morning.
It lasted and more than 9 hours and according to the proffessor was extremely difficult. The good news are that they manager to reduce the whole tumor,
by preserving the facial nerve. The doctor I talked with told me that there could be a temporary paralysis that would last, in his opinion, several months, one year at most.
My sister is currently in the intensive care devision, and I was able to talk to her today. She can talk (althogh she has difficulties pronouncing some of the words) and close both of her eyes. We expect that tomorrow morning they will get her out of the intensive care and let her stay in her room. She is supposed to start eating tomorrow, too. That is by far all that I know.

Let us hope that the next time she will write the good news on her own.

Cheers, Petar.
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2008, 12:47:13 pm »
Peter,
Thank you so much for the update. Please tell Hrissy that I'm sending hugs.  So happy she is doing well!
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2008, 12:51:35 pm »
Petar, you have done a fabulous job in updating us... thank you! Please give Hrissy my very best wellness wishes and please tell her that I/we are cheering her on like proper Pirates! :) I believe she will understand that comment.

Thank you again, please also you get some rest.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cindyj

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2008, 01:30:20 pm »
Good to hear she's safely through her surgery!  Thanks, Petar for letting us know.

We all do wish her the quickest recovery possible!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

andrea in slc

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2008, 01:42:37 pm »
Thank you for letting us know, Petar, that sounds like great news! Positive thoughts and good wishes heading her way. And a big pat on the back to you for being such a great brother to her when she needs you the most!!  :)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2008, 03:42:54 pm »
Petar:

Many thanks for your thoughtfulness on providing an update on your sister's condition.  I hope she is resting and healing well.  I also hope and pray that she'll have few complications and be posting here, soon.  In the meantime, we appreciate you making the effort to keep us informed as to her condition and prognosis for recovery.  Thanks again.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Kaybo

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2008, 08:49:36 pm »
Petar~
Thank you SOOOOO much for the news - I have been anxiously waiting.  Please give her a huge hug from her Texas friend!!  I will continue to pray for her!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2008, 05:59:48 am »
Hrissy and Petar,

I am so glad to hear you are awake and the surgery went well.  I am sorry you are experiencing facial problems though, but encouraged to read the doctors are hopeful for a full recovery!  Thank you for posting for us Petar!

Hrissy, don't be discouraged, I know you must be feeling 'down' regarding your face, but there are some wonderful people on this site here to help you through whatever you might be experiencing. 

I am so happy it's over and you can begin your healing.  Take it slow, don't beat yourself up, you've probably read these words here so many times, but I cannot express how important it is to allow yourself time to adjust. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

wendysig

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2008, 07:53:12 am »
Petar,
Thank you for the update on Hrissy.  I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well.  Please give her my best wishes and a big hug.  You are a wonderful brother and I know she appreciates your being with her. 

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2008, 10:32:38 am »
Petar -

thanks so much for updating us on Hrissy.

It's good to see her surgery went well.

Please give her our best  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2008, 01:18:26 pm »
Petar-

Thanks so much for posting - Hrissy has been on my mind and in my prayers. Please tell her that Debbi from New Jersey is sending her a big hug.  And tell her not to be too upset about her face - it will heal just as mine is healing.  And all of us here with crooked smiles are here to give her lots of support.

warmest wishes,
Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

LADavid

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2008, 07:05:45 pm »
Petar
Mnogo blagodarya.  That is great news.  Please give Hrissy our best.
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

hruss

• young and cheerful!
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2008, 10:08:40 am »
thank you very much for your support all friends!!!
i am here, back from germany with faciail paralysis but the docs are very optimist for me.
the professor Samii even admitted that this surgery was very difficult (it lasted for 10 hours)! but it is over!!!
i make some facial exercises for my face to make it move. any suggestions what else do you do?

my eye gets blurred and i put some gel and drops inside and have to cover it with a plastic to preserve it from wind outside!! but for example now it is still very blurred too!!

i will write more when my eye is not that blurred!!

Hrissy

LADavid where do you know how to say thank you very much in Bulgarian??  ;)