Author Topic: Finally posting my blue headwrap picture  (Read 4302 times)

wendysig

Finally posting my blue headwrap picture
« on: October 04, 2008, 09:44:43 am »

Hi all,
I'm finally posting my pictrue with my blue headwrap on.  I just know you'll all be so jealous and wish you had one too.  I got many admiring glances during the three days I had to wear it and the only thing that would have made it better would have been if I'd had the diamond tiara Jan thought I should have gotten a while ago!  ;D
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lori67

Re: Finally posting my blue headwrap picture
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 10:41:17 am »
Wendy -

WOW!  Electric blue!  You wild woman!   ;D

You know, it does look like a regular hair band kinda thing that "normal" people wear all the time!  I think with the right accessories, you can totally pull that look off!

Aside from the bright blue headwrap, it's nice to see a smile that goes all the way across!  Keep smiling!!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 10:50:41 am »
Wendy -

I think you're going to start a trend.  This is what all the fashionable women will be wearing this fall . . .

Diamond tiaras are hard to come by, unless you're Paris Hilton  ;)

So I forget where you're at with this whole leak thing (sorry, I am a whole year older, you know) - has it stopped for good now?

I certainly hope so.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 10:55:18 am »
Looking good Wendy, looking good.  So, how about that leak?  Has it stopped?
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 11:35:41 am »
Lookin' good Wendy. Nice smile too!
Take care.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

wendysig

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 12:25:38 pm »
Hi Lori, Jan, Marci and Michelle,
I forgot to say YES!!! My head has finally stopped leaking as of this past Wednesday.  It only dripped two times after I removed my lovely headwrap and Dr. Choe threatened to put in more sutures and leave them there for a few weeks.  Apparently my incision didn't want that -- I know I sure didn't.  I am officially abdicating my rights to the throne and stepping down and queen of the Icky Head Club. -- a ittle  I am truly glad to give up.  I told Dr. Choe about this honorary title and he really found it quite funny even though he did find the reason for it funny at all.  i truly hope that the throne stays empty for a long time.  Usually being queen is a good thing but not in this case, although it did give me something to laugh about when I had an icky head!! :D

Wendy

p.s.  Lori -- I hope you are feeling better and the ice cream is helping keep the swelling down!!
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 07:25:46 pm »
Wendy -

so glad to hear the leak has stopped.  Hope it's permanent  ;)

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 02:56:55 pm »
Hi Donnalynn and Jan,
Thanks, I hope my leak is gone for good -- it was a royal (is that why Debbi made me queen?) pain! ;D

Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Kaybo

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 05:37:19 pm »
Wendy~
Well, in this case, I am sure glad you are NOT the queen anymore!!  ;D

Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

sgerrard

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 05:54:06 pm »
Very nice, Wendy; quite becoming. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 06:15:37 pm »
well, wendy, that is quite the fashion statement! :) Glad to hear the leak stopped... wellness wishes, as always...

Blue?  Looks good! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 11:51:09 am »
Hey Wendy,

Are you going to wear your blue headwrap when we meet this weekend in New York City?  I have to talk to my cousin about the time we will be in Chinatown. 

Looking forward to meeting you!
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

wendysig

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 12:42:18 pm »
Hi K - It is good not to be queen!   Since my incision has now been dry for almost a week I think I'm home free -- YAY!!!  How are you feeling since having your eye weight removed and how long does your eyelid need to heal before you can get another one?  Once it feels better, can you wear Blinkeze until you get another permanent weight?

Steve - Why thanks for the compliment.  If I'd thought of it I would have asked you to knit me a hat to compliment  (translation = cover) my lovely headwrap. :D

Phyl - Thanks for the wellness wishes -- I can never have too many of those!  I did try to express in my original post how very, very blue this headwrap is.  It really was an attention getter. ;D

Ann Marie - My days of wearing my lovely headwrap are thankfully over but I did keep it as a souveniir.  I'm looking forward to meeting you too.  I may be coming along though.  My husband hurt his back and he might not be able to make it.  I'll  let  you know.

Hope all got a chuckle from my picture -- I know I did.
Wendy
Wendy
2 cm at time of surgery
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Kaybo

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 02:32:34 pm »
Wemdy~
I feel great after my surgery.  I actually forgot to put in the ointment one day and just used drops ONCE and it didn't even get red!!  I am going to try again & just see if I even need another weight!!  I go back to the Dr. next Monday.  Originally he said 2-3 months.  We'll see...Thanks for asking!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 09:49:40 pm »
Oh gosh, K.

For the last week or so I've totally forgotten to ask you how you are after your surgery (thanks for the reminder Wendy).

Between getting old (I mean older) and Lori's jumping thing and her getting older, I just was in my own little world here  ::)

Or maybe I'm just at the age where my mind is going - it's hard to tell some days.

Glad to hear you're feeling great  ;D  Hope it continues  :-*

Jan