Author Topic: This Week 10/06 in the Mystifying AN World  (Read 3169 times)

LADavid

This Week 10/06 in the Mystifying AN World
« on: October 05, 2008, 11:44:04 pm »
This week is international week.  Actually, Wednesday is International Day.

It starts off Tuesday with Sam Rush's BDay   -  Happy 65th Sam.  Then MoRo's surgery at Duke.  I did what I could to find the procedure -- not much luck this week.  Then Marci has her 3 month follow-up and hearing test.  Wow!  Has it really been three months?

Then we have international day.  First up is KennethK of Denmark (that month really went by quickly) who is having a Translab in Denmark.  Followed by Nestor in Buenos Aires, Argentina who is having surgery.

Thursday, MKLady is having her first EMG

and

Friday Marianna is having her 6 month post GK MRI.

Best wishes to all of you.

And BTW, I'm going to try and shuffle through a Half Marathon with my daughter next Sunday.  It's another recovery goal.

Have a great week.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: This Week 10/06 in the Mystifying AN World
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 12:14:40 am »
Best wishes to everybody this week!

Hope you have "fun" with your 1/2 marathon, David!!   If that's the correct term. 

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 05:22:40 am »
David,

Me thinks you need a job with Entertainment Tonight (ET) as you give a perfect lowdown of our AN "celebs" and their happenings..... :)

My best wishes to everyone on this week's schedule.... wellness wishes and onward and upward! 

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 06:39:28 am »
I second Phyl's motion - I could definitely see you on E.T., David  ;D

Good luck to everyone - internationally and domestically - and a huge birthday wish to Sam.

Do something wild on your big day, Sam  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 01:12:00 pm »
Happy Birthday Sam!

Best wishes to those of you having surgery,  MRIs and other tests.  To those of  you having surgery, I wish you wonderful outcomes and for those of you having tests, I wish you only good news.  You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers this week.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lori67

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 02:50:31 pm »
Good luck to everyone in all corners of the world!  I'll be hoping for good outcomes for all!

Happy Birthday to Sam.  Didn't he buy himself a new motorcycle for his AN anniversary?  I wonder what he's got up his sleeve for his birthday?

David, I know you'll do great at your 1/2 marathon!  Hey, is this the Run for Women in SF I've heard about?  I hear they give out free Ghirardelli chocolate at the "chocolate mile" and the medals are from Tiffany's.  I was planning to run in that with one of my friends for our 40th birthdays, but I decided to have brain surgery instead.  But, since I'm only 29  ;), I still have time.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 06:57:29 pm »
David,
Best wishes, prayers and good thoughts to everyone having surgery.  Thanks for keeping us posted, David. ( Actually it's really been 11 weeks, but I've always been an overachiever.) ;D
Have fun at the half--hope they serve something good at the end.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 07:02:55 pm »
*runs in to give a speshal shout out to SamRush*

HAPPY BURPDAY, DR SAM RUSH!!!!!!
Enjoy your special day! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 07:19:49 pm »
Oh my gosh, David!! 

I completely forget to wish you well on the 1/2 Marathon. 

Good luck!  ;D

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 08:24:06 pm »
David~
I know that you will do great and that your wonderful daughter will be there to help keep you upright!!   ;)

Good luck to everyone else too!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

LADavid

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 08:39:29 pm »
Thank you everyone for the Half Marathon well-wishes.  Today, for the first time in quite a while I've been without knee pain.  I just may be able to pull this one off.  BTW, something interesting.  I was confused by my ability to run and my inability to walk without staggering all over the place.  My PT, Theresa England explained to me that it is easier to run than it is to walk with a balance problem.  It was a little technical for me but it's something about when you're running your body is in motion and you're just putting your feet down below you -- it doesn't require the balance of a walking step.  And Lori, get your mind out of the chocolate gutter.  This race is in Long Beach.  And knowing Long Beach, I'm thinking there are beer stops at every mile or so.  I know there will be a big one at the end.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Kaybo

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 08:56:12 pm »
David~
Do you at least get a T-shirt??  If you don't want it - send it to me - I would would wear it with pride for you and your great accomplishments!!
 I guess your daughter really will be holding you up after it is over!!   :o

K   ;)
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 09:33:33 pm »
My PT, Theresa England explained to me that it is easier to run than it is to walk with a balance problem. 

Thanks for telling us this, David, I had no idea.  I would have though it was just the opposite - guess that's why I'm not a PT.

Sounds like I have no more legitimate excuses for not taking up running again.  Maybe it's time to dust off my shoes  8)

Jan

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 05:20:36 am »
*runs back in... as its easier than walking back in!  ;) *

David.... best wishes for a terrific marathon!!!!!!!!!!!  Run for us all, esp. for those of us that can't run!  You're gonna do great! :)

btw, won't mention the LA Angels.... ;)

Good luck and knock 'em dead!
Phyl

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 06:30:25 am »
It could be worse, Phyl.

You could be a Cubs fan  ::)  :P

Jan