Author Topic: MAGIC SCARF ......  (Read 3310 times)

Denisex2boys

MAGIC SCARF ......
« on: October 14, 2008, 07:41:21 pm »
Ok - I see I am sharing a surgery date - Oct. 16th - no time to get the `magis scarf`- I believe Mathilda will have it - - but please send the magic ****vibes **** my way that go along with the scarf!

Thanks to you ALL and ((((HUGS))))
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

NL

Re: MAGIC SCARF ......
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 09:11:45 pm »
Denise,

You'll be receiving LOTS of magic vibes from all over the US, most of Canada, and various other parts of the world!

May you go into surgery feeling calm, confident and relaxed...and wake up to the great relief that comes with being on the other side of it!

Sending lots of positive thoughts and magic vibes,

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 10:07:02 pm »
Denise:

You won't need the coveted Magic Scarf.  Oh, it's great to have - but I think you're going to do quite well without it.  As Nancy (NL) stated, you'll have the hopes, prayers and 'magic vibes' of many people, come Thursday.  You'll be O.K.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 12:19:28 am »
I have stated previously that in times of need, we have several virtual magic scarves that we can bring into play. One is being dispatched your way even as I write.

Very best wishes for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery.  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 06:39:08 am »
Sending my prayers also and "ditto" what NL says! 

I look forward to hearing from you when YOU are able and ready!  Have a peacful heart!
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

wendysig

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 07:37:46 am »
Denise,
I'm sending you good vibes, my prayers for a wonderful outcome and am crossing fingers, toes, legs and everything esle crossable for good luck.  You'll be in good hands and having good wishes and prayers sent to you from everyone here on this forum.  If you can, please have someone post for you -- we get anxious waiting for news when one of us has surgery.  Looking forward to seeing you on the other side.  You and your family are in my prayers.

Wishing you all good things,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Denisex2boys

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 09:01:00 am »
Thanks everyone!  I just got back from shopping - some new jammies and small toiletries .......  I know I am not supposed to eat or drink anything after midnight tonight - but gosh my stomach is in knots today and I have NO appetite ..... for all you Canucks out there .... I did just stop and get a 'Timmies' - 'Timmies' just has a way of smoothing things over :) hopefully I can keep something in .........

I am all confirmed for tomorrow - so tomorrow at this time I should be in LALA land!

I will have Dan post on here - or one of my parents ......

Thanks again everyone .... not sure if I will get back on here today - lot's to get going around the house and I will be hitting the hay early tonight - we'll be leaving about 4:00 am.

- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

lori67

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 10:14:56 am »
Denise,

It's almost behind you now.  You will do great, scarf or no scarf.  Fortunately, we can all send the good wishes that go along with it anywhere necessary.

I'll be waiting to hear the good news from your DP (designated poster).

Deep breath....you can do this.  I have no idea what a "Timmies" is, but if it helps you feel better - go get another one!   ;D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Dog Lover

• My little Sammie Roo.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 11:12:34 am »
Denise,

Thoughts and prayers are with you for tomorrow. You'll do great without the Magic Scarf. I didn't receive it until after my surgery -- it's the vibes that do the magic!!  ;)

Cathy
Cathy
9mm x 3mm Left Side AN
Mid Fossa Aug. 21, 2008
Dr. Gantz / Dr. Woodson
Univ. of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
No facial issues, hearing saved, I keep active and feel back to normal.

calimama

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 11:55:36 am »
Denise,

Which hospital will you be having your surgery at?

Sending best wishes but know it will be ok. It's easy to say that on "the other side", but surgery is not so bad and the days after will go fast and you will be amazed to find yourself back on this site soon, doing great and wondering what the worry was about.

No worries!

Trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 12:01:21 pm »
Denise, can ya feel the love and support? If you can't feel it, well.... here goes...

*runs up to Denise and puts her in BIG bear huggle*

good vibes, good vibes, good vibes!  You're gonna do great!!!!!!

*releases Denise from bear hug and watches her attempt to breathe after being hugged so tight*

Oooops, sorry! :)

wellness wishes, Denise... you know I'm sending them your way...  You're gonna do great!
xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Denisex2boys

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 12:13:03 pm »
Trish ... I'll be at London Health Sciences Center - University Hospital .......

Thanks again everyone!  :)

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 12:13:40 pm »
I may not have a magic scarf, but I'll don my pirate socks for you!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 01:26:40 pm »
I may not have a magic scarf, but I'll don my pirate socks for you!

Katie

Ok, mateys! Calling all crew wenches and scallywags of the PBW to put on all piratitude attire in good vibe wishes for Denise!  Hoist the colors, stand at attention to be counted and lets send the wenchDenise all the good vibes we have!

Signed,
The cursed cruise director of the PBW... um.... brain tumor, brain tumor........shoot,  forgot me own name........
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cindyj

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 02:24:50 pm »
We're all here wishing every which way toward you for tomorrow, Denise!  Hope you can get some sleep tonight - you will definitely be getting a nice sleep tomorrow and then, the next thing you know, it will all be over.

Will be watching for updates while cheering you on,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings