Author Topic: new sympton maybe????  (Read 1435 times)

tenai98

new sympton maybe????
« on: October 25, 2008, 06:50:19 am »
Well a week or so ago, I woke up with a sore jaw and tightness on the AN side of the face...since then I have experienced jabbing pain about 5 secs long and last nght i felt kinda nauseated but it was more like putting sour candy in mouth and the face pukering and mouth watering...but only on the AN side of the face....hard to explain the sensations...I just hope that Booger doesnt grow fast to interfere with my Mexican vacation in Jan...I will put off my Florida vacation but not the Mexican one  :-\
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: new sympton maybe????
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 03:27:37 pm »
JO:

I'm sorry to learn about these new symptoms you're experiencing.  They sound AN-related but of course, that's just speculation.  If they persist, I would certainly let my doctor know about them. 

I sure hope your AN doesn't interfere with your vacation in Mexico but you may have to adjust your plans to deal with the higher priority - your health and future.  Here's to better days.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Re: new sympton maybe????
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 07:20:51 pm »
The jabbing pain sounds like my only symptom, which was a result of the tumor pressing on the trigeminal nerve.  I guess I'd check in with the doctor.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.