Author Topic: I owe I owe its back to work i go........  (Read 2547 times)

konnie

I owe I owe its back to work i go........
« on: November 08, 2008, 10:07:11 am »
well it has been a little over three months and i go back to work on Monday...
bills are starting to pile up...
I had enjoyed this time off,  to be able to bond with my sons..

I think i have spoiled them by  cooking them pancakes, waffles and
omelettes for breakfest every morning.. this will not happen when I am back to work... they can pull out the old cereal boxes in the pantry...

It is challenging to be a working Mom and even harder when she is still recovering from brain surgery....
how does one balance it all.
I always feel like someone or something is being cheated out of my time..
I do not want to go back to the way it was... with me not having time to do anything else but work !!!!
I think that is how i got sick in the first place...
Don't get me wrong i love my job I just hate the long hours...
they do not offer part time so i had Dr Wiet write a letter saying that i had to work no more then 4 days a week for the next  3 months.  I asked him if you could please write that she can't work full time for the rest of her life....
Dr Wiet just laughed and said he wishes he didn't have to work full time..
I will let you know how it goes ....
konnie

Konnie
AN 4.0cm @ time MRI (7-28-08)
Surgery 8-6-08 @Hinsdale,IL by
 Dr.Wiet/Dr. Kazan
Symtoms: sinus infection,numbness on leftside of face, hearing loss left ear & morning headaches

Kaybo

Re: I owe I owe its back to work i go........
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 10:29:39 am »
Konnie~
Good luck on Monday!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

konnie

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 01:49:21 pm »
Jim
I'm sorry about the confusion I have a husband. we have been married for 17 years.
 He is self employed,  with a  mortgage company. do to the houseing market being so slow, i have to work full time at my job..... Yes you are correct it is a struggle to raise children while working full time.
 my husband trys to help out as mutch as possable.
thank you kaybo and jim
Konnie
AN 4.0cm @ time MRI (7-28-08)
Surgery 8-6-08 @Hinsdale,IL by
 Dr.Wiet/Dr. Kazan
Symtoms: sinus infection,numbness on leftside of face, hearing loss left ear & morning headaches

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 03:00:54 pm »
Konnie -

It's hard to be a working mom - single or married - with or without brain surgery.  Come to think of it, it's hard to be a dad in these same situations.

It's great you were able to take 3 months off of work.  I went back part-time at 2 weeks post op and full-time at 4 weeks post op.

Being a single parent and sole physical & legal guardian to my two children, I had no choice.  But I don't think I would have wanted it any other way.

I love my job and found myself getting extremely bored not working.

Hope all goes well for you on Monday. 

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 04:11:59 pm »
Konnie:

I deleted my previous message to you as it was based on a misunderstanding of your situation.  I apologize for making a false assumption.  However, having been there myself, I still admire couples that work full-time while raising children, running a home and trying to have some sort of social and private life together.  It certainly can be done but it isn't easy and for 'single' mothers or fathers, it has to be overwhelming at times.  Be assured that I still wish you all the best on your return to work on Monday.  :)

Jim  
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 04:32:53 pm »
Konnie,

My girlfriend Kathie has sung that song for at least 10 years.  It made me chuckle.  Wishing the best when you return to work.  Listen to your body.  When you need to take a break, you take a break!!

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 04:54:06 pm »
Good luck Konnie.  It will be hard but you can do it.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.