Author Topic: Monday's Update on Cindyj  (Read 7921 times)

JerseyGirl2

Re: Monday's Update on Cindyj
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 10:18:55 pm »
Cindy,

You made it -- congratulations!! Take care and get lots of rest.

Catherine (JerseyGirl2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

sgerrard

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 10:59:44 pm »
Hi Cindy,

Welcome back, it is great to hear from you. Take it easy, you will be home soon.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 09:40:50 am »
Hi, Cindy and welcome back!

Good to see you post...and you're quite coherent.  :)  Now, try to get some rest and take care of yourself. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Mathilda

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 10:11:55 am »
Hi Cindy,

Great to "hear" from you personally ! Remember that in two weeks you'll probably be walking on the boulevard taking in the view just like I did last week. Time flies and you'll amaze yourself I'm sure. But just make sure you do it one tiny step at a time. The healing part is still more important right now than trying to be ever so active.
Say hi to your mom from me as well!

Mathilda
Diagnosed in 2006. Recent growth from 7 to 11mm.
Middle fossa surgery at House Ear Clinic on October 16th 2008.
With the results I hoped for: hearing saved; no facial problems.
Just wobbly headed; in need of patience ;)

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 12:54:43 pm »
Hi Cindy,

You are a trooper, and I knew you'd make it through it all like a warrior.  Looking forward to your next post.  Hang in there and do what all of the surgery folks recommend since I can't give you any inside info.

Nancy (Drew)

P.S.  I had my first hearing test today, and I haven't lost any hearing in my AN ear since GK.   ;D

12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

LADavid

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 01:30:47 pm »
Hey Postie

Congratulations and welcome back.  I'm glad that our visits helped you out.  I'm still amazed at the tour Nancy took you all on.  You saw the best stuff in LA.  For those of you who are coming into LA for surgery at St Vincents -- call Nancy.  She's got this tour thing nailed.

When are you headed back to Georgia?  How is your balance and dizziness?  Hope all is well and you continue to improve.  And do thank mom for the updates -- they were very appreciated.

Best wishes
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 03:07:06 pm »
Cindy!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! Fab news hon and thrilled to hear from you! Hang in there.. going to let the bloke know you are now checking in... continued wishes for wellness... you POSTIE!!!!!!!! next time I/we are in HotLanta, we are SO doing a celebratory luncheon (liquid, of course!).

Congrats!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cindyj

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 09:01:39 pm »
Well, I flew the Seton coop today...had a very rough night emotionally, mainly.  made poor Mom pack us up at 5:30 this morning and we moved back to our Japanese hotel...only 3 miles from the docs, but many worlds away from anything hospital like - not a wheelchair in sight - think I'll make now..

Then continuing my new queen bee character, I had my hair washed and dryed in the hotel salon - need i say more?

I still have so much i want to tell you guys, but i'll be brief again tonight.  Physically, I am very pleased w/ my balance - i was quite the showoff in the hospital each time i saw a pt person - I was determined to get out, but no canw or walker has been needed.  Pain is hardly even worth noting, but it will be very nice once the room stops spinning.  My face is still a bit weak, but i am not concerned, just tough to eat,etc - havung gone through the Bells Palsy before, I can handle this.  The fatigue is bad, but I have read the word patience here enough to try to behave myself.  I am going to grumble about the decadron...it is awful,but i know i must just get through it - did I see someone say something about the awful smell in the head w/ this stuff?

Well, i better stop - thanks everyone = I feel bad I'm not able to check on everyone and respond to all of you yet, but know I'm thinking of you all all day.  See you tomorrow :)
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Kaybo

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 09:26:39 pm »
Cindy~
Don't worry about everyone else yet - just take care of YOU!!!  You sound great - keep up the good work!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 08:50:25 am »
Take it easy, we are glad you are able to let us know how you are doing and this is just fine. 

Now, concentrate on yourself for the next few weeks so you don't stress about keeping in touch.

Have a great life!
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

MKLady

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 09:18:17 am »
Cindy,

I'm so glad to hear from  you!  It sounds like you are doing well and have come through in good shape.  Keep resting.  And you absolutely deserve to be the queen bee for a few days.  Actually if you play your cards right you can keep it up for weeks ;D ;D

Keep us posted.

Susan
Translab 4/10/2008; 1.3 cm; total facial paralysis left side.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 03:15:44 pm »
Cindy-

Yay for you!!  You sound like you are right on track - and your attitude and sense of humor are great!  Yes, the decadron is a bi***  ;D (I meant Beast) but that should be in your rear view mirror soon.  Hang in there!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 04:28:17 pm »
Hi Cindy,

Great news.  I told you all of that training you did for the breast cancer walk would pay off!!! Your attitude is amazing.  Hang in there.  Thinking of you. 

Nancy ;D
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

cindyj

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2008, 09:17:38 pm »
Hi to You All,

Just to let you know that Cindy is coming along.  Yesterday was not a good one but today has been much better.  Had a visit from Nancy and have so enjoyed getting to know her.  She's a great gal - great tour guide too.

Cindy is still having the room spin around her and a few other small issues but nothing too bad.  Getting stitches out Tuesday and hoping to see Deb's hubby, Lance, and her sister at St. Vincent's while we're over that way.  Then, our plan is to fly back to "Hotlanta" on Wednesday.  Hate for her to have to make that long flight but only way to get her home.

Thanks again for all of your well wishes and your concern.

My best to all of you,
Sandra (Cindy's Mom)
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

sgerrard

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2008, 11:10:31 pm »
I have a feeling the flight to Atlanta will not be a favorite with Cindy, but getting home will make it worth it. Sorry to hear she is still struggling with the room spinning. Please give her our best wishes, and I hope she gets tons of rest and sleep and naps for the next few weeks.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.