Author Topic: Thie Week (11/17) in the Rockin' AN World  (Read 2401 times)

LADavid

Thie Week (11/17) in the Rockin' AN World
« on: November 15, 2008, 02:45:41 pm »
Talk about rockin'!  Wow.  This is surgery week.  Looks like everyone has been saving up to recoup over the holidays (my plan last year).

Carrie (Scarriegirl...the girl who kisses dolphins) kicks off the week on Monday with a Retro Sig at Boston Medical Center.  As you said Carrie, it feels like you have a tennis ball in your ear -- not much longer.  Best wishes.

And a little farther west on Monday Amy (AMD) is having a Retro Sig too at University Hospital in Indianapolis.  And as you said -- This is all just craziness -- yes it is but you'll soon be on your way to a successful recovery.

On Tuesday Deb (DebrainTexas) from Dallas is having a Retro Sig at St Vincents here in LA.  No need to worry about the fires.  They are a long way from House and St Vincent's.  And for those of you who may have missed it.  Deb's husband, Lance, will be updating Deb's surgery on www.caringbridge.com/visit/debraatchinson.  By the way, Deb and Lance, it is hot here if you're still packing.  Best wishes for much success.

Also on Tuesday, it's Jean's in Mississippi (Featofclay) birthday.  Happy Birthday Jean!

Then on Wednesday, we have the second of a double-header this week at St Vincents.  Vonda (Arkansasfarmgirl) is having a Translab.  Like I mentioned to Deb, don't be concerned about the fires, but do bring some warm weather clothes.  Best wishes on your surgery.

Then on Thursday, Larry (mrgarlic) from Gresham, Oregon is having a Trigeminal Neuroma Surgery.  Larry with all that you have had to deal with over the past several years, we all hope that this will go smoothly.  Best wishes for success.

And while Rhonda's (justsimplyrhonda) name is on the calendar, I believe she put her surgery on hold.  If not, best wishes for a successful surgery.

And finally on Friday, Bell (Bell) is having a Retro Sig at the Mayo Cinic in Minneapolis -- where I'm betting it isn't as hot as here.  Have a great surgery, Bell.

And last but not least in this wild week, Alicia (Alicia678) is having her surgery -- I'm not sure where -- she's from Albany -- and the surgeons have yet at the last message, decided on the procedure.  So Alicia, where ever it happens and what ever it is, best wishes for a successful one someplace.

So here's this week's tally:
Retro Sig                  4
Translab                   1
Trigeminal Neuroma   1
Birthday                   1
?                             1

Wow, what a week!  And after all that, I'm hoping I got the right week.

As always future posties, please keep us updated on your results and have very successful surgeries and quick recoveries.

Have a great week everyone.

David (roasting in LA)
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Thie Week (11/17) in the Rockin' AN World
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 05:17:01 pm »
David:

Thanks for your usual informative update.  You're right, it almost seems as if there were a sale on AN surgeries this week.  My hopes and prayers for a successful surgery and rapid recovery go out to everyone having surgery this week, no matter where you are.  Oh, and Happy Birthday, Jean!  :)  David, try to stay cool and safe this week-end.

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

sgerrard

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 07:25:57 pm »
Well at least one part of the economy is doing well. Maybe we should all buy stock in House.  ;)

I hope we don't lose anyone in the shuffle, this looks like a really busy week.

Carrie, Amy, Deb, Vonda, Larry, Bell, and Alicia: best wishes to each of you for a good surgery and a smooth recovery. Phew.

Rhonda, best wishes for Thursday or January, whichever it is. Happy Birthday Jean.

Thanks for "keeping the fire burning," David. It's supposed to be a figure of speech.  ;D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 09:04:18 pm »
Wow, David, you're posting bright and early this week.  Good to see you back  ;)

I can't believe the number of surgeries this week  :o  Is this some kind of record on the forum?

Best wishes to everyone - I picked surgery myself - so IMO you're all in very good company  ;D
Hope to see you all back here real soon!

Happy Birthday wishes to Jean.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 02:11:25 pm »
Best of luck to everyone on their procedures/surgeries. And Happy Birthday Jean.  And, David, you are a treasure to remind everyone of the surgeries, etc for the week. 

Rock on,

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 02:55:34 pm »
David,

WOW! GREAT job!!!!!!!!!! :) I know you have been rather busy as well... and thank you for handling this and keeping it all on track!

I want to send a shout out of wellness wishes to all those enduring treatments/surgeries this week.... and a special happy birthday to Jean!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 05:58:24 pm »
Sing it with me now--

"All I want for Christmas is this AN Gone, An gone, AN gone!!!"

Looks like Santa's gonna be grantin' some wishes this week!

Good Luck all!

Capt Deb

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

andrea in slc

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 08:16:58 am »
Holy cow, it is a busy week!

Good luck to everyone having procedures/surgeries this week, may all go well and the meds to their job post surgery!

And happy birthday Jean! Hope you do something fun!