Author Topic: Aspartame and brain tumors  (Read 1221 times)

tenai98

Aspartame and brain tumors
« on: November 24, 2008, 06:26:10 am »
I read many yrs ago how aspartame can cause brain tumors.  I dont remember if the article included which brain tumors.  But I do know several people who refuse to ingest anything with aspartame as it is know to cause tumors.  Does anyone have any idea if it is link to AN??  I use to drink alot of diet cola, like two cases a week plus what I bought when out shopping.  I'm now down to maybe a case a month.  But I drink crystal light and it contains aspartame. So does alot of chewing gum out there.

JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: Aspartame and brain tumors
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 07:00:49 am »
its a thread that pops up once in a while ... there is a LLOOOONNGGG list of issues aspartame is said to cause... personally I dont believe any of it ... now I'm not saying this stuff is good for you, and I'm sure there are side effects from taking to much ... but I dont think we have a good understanding of what it is ... its another item with cell phones...
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
Re: Aspartame and brain tumors
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 06:22:24 pm »
I agree with Joe.

One important thing to remember about the media: it preys on the public with scare tactics. The propaganda and lies are similar in nature as to what we see on the internet all the time. Just think of how many spam/chain mails we get with the most interesting and provocative information so cleverly put-together only to to find that it wasn't true after referring to snopes.com. after we foolishly took the time to pass them on to everyone in our address books.

If you're worried about something like Diet Coke, then it's probably the phosphoric acid, caffine and corn syrup that you should be more concerned with.

You could take this a step further and say it is perhaps the corporations that purvey the products in question that issue phony, sham-like press releases based on bogus test results that use the media to implant information such as this in an effort to dissuade people from buying some competitor's product and to look more favorably at their own.

I got my whopping AN growth after never having touched Aspartame or ever even having owned a cell phone. 

Paul
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 12:59:44 pm by Crazycat »
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.