Author Topic: In Houston Dec 20-27 - Anyone want to get together??  (Read 7810 times)

Kaybo

In Houston Dec 20-27 - Anyone want to get together??
« on: November 25, 2008, 09:02:55 am »
Hello All~
I will be in Houston and available to get together December 20-27 - I know that this is a VERY busy time of the year, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested...I will be in the Memorial area and can go wherever AS LONG AS I KNOW WELL IN ADVANCE (& it is not too terribly far) as I will not have my own car and there will be 13 people sharing the ones I will have access to!  I will also need to make sure some other family member can watch my girlies!  Let me know if there is any interest!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
Re: In Houston Dec 20-27 - Anyone want to get together??
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 09:15:16 am »
Well, you know I am interested!  I will have to see if I am am able to be out and about, but surely we can meet for lunch or something?  My sweet daughter is giving up her Christmas vacation to take care of mom, so she will be "driving Miss Priss."  :D
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 07:10:13 pm »
I think it sounds like a much needed break !  I'm in!!  Just let me know when and where!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 11:30:16 pm »
I'm in too!  It would be great to put names to faces (other than what's been shared here)..  You know me, I'll be in the Cypress area of town, but I work near 290/43rd..  I'm available just about any time!  Let's all do it!

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 08:09:09 am »
OK ~ let's start putting this together & if someone else can join us great & if not, we will have a grand time with just us!!  I guess in my mind, I was thinking the early part of the week BEFORE Christmas but I want to be considerate of night driving & work schedules...Brian, input, please-what is your work schedule?  Also, we could probably go for the Saturday AFTER Christmas if y'all are going to be around then...We have plenty of time so let's brainstorm to get this right for everybody!!  The longer we wait too, the longer Ms. Maggie will have post-op...just a consideration too...

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 12:49:27 pm »
I generally work 9am - 6pm.  If we go around here around lunch time, then I can just use some lunchtime to meet up.  The weekend after Christmas, I will likely be out of town (visiting family in Austin) but nothing is set in stone yet.  I do think we should consider MsMaggie's post-op length of time.  I don't know about the rest of you, but it was several weeks before I felt lilke doing anything (MsMaggie could be way different than that).

How long will you be in town?  What timeline are we looking at?  Is it Dec 20-27?  If so, I might be off the Friday (day after Christmas) and could possibly meet for lunch on that day before leaving town.  Just a thought..

Regards,
Brian
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.

Brendalu

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 02:10:38 pm »
I'm pretty open to days and times, except I don't have a night driving license.( my license is restricted! I feel like a teen again)  I know how to navigate in the Memorial area (lived there for several years) and I also can get around pretty well in the Cypress area, since Msmaggie and I live fairly close and in the Southern end I would be more than happy to give her a ride.  I'm not a bad driver in the daylight hours and I'm getting really good on the freeways again.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Kaybo

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 08:18:25 pm »
OK - we need to really start putting this together - Brain, what does the day after Christmas look like for you & Jenni these days!! Brenda?   I think that is looking pretty good - I think the only thing we have between Christmas & when we fly back is the Rockets game the night of the 27th.  What about eveyone else?  I think Waypoint (? - Softball boy) might try to join us too.

K   ;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Brendalu

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 05:26:23 am »
The 26th sounds good to me.  I haven't heard of any plans that would interfere.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 08:33:19 am »
Dang it.... I'll be off in another direction (in the UK)......have a fantastic post-holiday meet up! Will look for the piccies!

Have a great time!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 09:03:25 pm »
I'll be leaving town later that afternoon/evening, but lunch time on the 26th sounds good!  I prefer something closer to where I work if we're doing lunch that day (I work at 290/43rd).  Other than that, I'm not picky (except we don't do the 'eses.. japanese, chinese, etc.. you get the drift).  I'm really not that difficult.  Really.  (Shhh!  Don't say a word, Jan!). :)

Brian

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 05:39:55 pm »
I am definitely in, esp. w/Brendalu's offer to drive!  I'm probably just up the freeway from her.  Can't wait to meet the rest of the bunch!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Kaybo

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 09:08:21 pm »
Priscilla~
That is GREAT!!!!  I have PMed for some suggestions close to work for him as Dave & I don't know that area.  I can't wait to meet you guys!!  ;D

K
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Pooter

• Blog Website
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 09:19:22 pm »
I have replied with 4 suggestions.  I can't wait to meet (or see again) you all too!  Who all is going to go?  So far, we have Kaybo (and Dave), Priscilla, Brenda, and me (and Jenni).  Anyone else joining in the festivities?  Surely there are more than 3 of us in the Houston area...(Waypoint comes to mind.) 

Maybe we can get Phyl to fly around in the ANA Leer and pick people up and bring them?  ;)

Regards,

Brian

texsooner

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 08:35:24 am »
I'm in the Houston area too and would love to meet you guys, but we're going to be in Oklahoma with family for Christmas and won't be back until the following week. I'll catch y'all next time.

Priscilla, it's great to read about your successful outcome and recovery sounds like it's going well. Take it easy.

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all you guys.

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.