Author Topic: Jaw question and droopy eye  (Read 2467 times)

Keeping Up

Jaw question and droopy eye
« on: November 29, 2008, 07:58:24 am »
Alright - I am the one who will fret endlessly over the next few weeks (and then likely just leave your ranks)

So ... as a refresher, AN not diagnosed - so all could just be randomly unrelated, MRI done, follow-up Dec. 11.  (I will attempt to not panic, but not working well).

New things

- last night at dinner, my jaw locked up a bit and was really hard to chew.  It is still sore (not painful, just sore) on the one side (the hearing loss side).  It hurts to chew, open/close and you can feel it in the ear - very odd sensation.  (One good way to cut back on food intake!)  Some one posted a thread on a sore jaw a few weeks ago (searched it) - any results on that question?
- had a bout of pink eye last week (four kids) - but now the left eye (again hearing loss side) is noticeably droopier (hairdresser agreed).  The top lid just doesn't open.  I think I have minor minor residual pink eye symptoms (slightly scratchy and runny eye on the left side only)
- two grasping symptoms, but I am curious - my left side of  my face feels sleepy.  It works just fine, it just feels a bit like it doesn't quite wake up.
- numbness in my hand - again, really minor - just sleeping down the underside of my arm and into my pinkie fingers.

Alright - really, I am not a sickie type person.  A month ago, I was doing just fine - and now I am a bit out of sorts.

I am fairly certain it is in my head - just panic, which I will work on this weekend by taking quiet time during the babies' nap time (I have four kids!) 

Does any of this make sense?

Might edit later - breakfast and the little ones are beyond hungry so will re-read later.
dx Dec/08 - 5mm x 8mm AN
'watch and wait'

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: Jaw question and droopy eye
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 12:23:10 pm »
Ann,

I'm not a doctor, but everything you are describing sounds like some sort of neuroma.  Hang in there.  Rest when you can, I know how hard it can be with four little ones and working full time. 

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 02:50:07 pm »
Keeping Up:

Although neither one of us is a doctor, I agree with Ann Marie ('yardtick') that something is going on.  Although you might be a bit sensitive to any physical anomaly these days, I doubt the symptoms you describe are an illusion on your part.  Write them down and when you see your doctor (on the 11th) for that follow-up visit, if the MRI shows that you don't have an acoustic neuroma. inquire as to what might be causing these symptoms, which are clearly beginning to negatively impact your quality of life.  Meanwhile, do try to find some quiet time, which is always a challenge with four children in the house.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

sher

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 11:46:43 pm »
Keeping Up,

Some of those symptoms sound like some anxiety symptoms. Hang in and know that we are thinking of you.
Sher
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 09:58:26 am »
These may or may not be symptoms of an AN - but as others have said there's definitely something going on.

It's best not to self-diagnose.

December 11th seems like a long time to wait for your MRI results, perhaps you could ask your doctor to move up your appointment.

Waiting is very hard and tends to just up the anxiety level.

Good luck,

Jan
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 10:01:24 am by leapyrtwins »
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways