Author Topic: Bell's 2 1/2 week update  (Read 1311 times)

bell

Bell's 2 1/2 week update
« on: December 09, 2008, 12:38:30 pm »
 Well, 2 1/2 weeks post op and I am not using my cane!  I am feeling better everyday.  Still numb on half of the face, tongue, smile, and eye.  Thanks for the suggestions of eye drops, I am using them faithfully.  Off the percocet except I am taking 1 at night so I sleep good.  I am taking 5mg oxycodone and tylenol throughout the day.  Still napping, my dream come true that I get to lay aroung in my p.j.'s for 3 weeks and rest, I have truly rested and I do not feel bored yet.  My head does feel full  and I have a stiff neck.  Still some gunk in my hair that I may cut out!  I think I may drive tomorrow.   Thanks again for all of the info, such great help.    Bell

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Bell's 2 1/2 week update
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 01:01:15 pm »
Hi, Bell:

It's good to learn that you're doing well and almost enjoying your recovery.  :)  May it continue apace.  Thanks for posting. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cindyj

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 01:56:53 pm »
Hey Bell,

Sounds like you're doing well - glad of it!  I'm a bit over 4 weeks out of surgery and still not bored, though I have finally come out of the pajamas!  Hope the eye drops will help - my eye is still driving me crazy, but I think that my mouth is recovering...I think...that, or I'm just getting used to it???  Anyway, you are doing the right thing by resting all you can while you can! 

Let us know how things continue,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 03:06:24 pm »
Bell,

Congratulations on your progress. I'm impressed that you hung up your cane after only 2.5 wks. It took me 6 wks. But we all progress at our own pace. Keep it up.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

wendysig

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 04:34:52 pm »
Hi Bell!

You sound great!  I can't believe after only 2 1/2 weeks you're giving up your cane -- good for you!! ;D ;D ;D  I didn't give mine up until 10 weeks post-op, but I probably could have given it up at least two weeks earlier, not much earlier than that though.  Rest and let yourself be pampered, you deserve it!

Wishing you continued good healing,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!