Author Topic: CD/format problem again then 2nd missing brain scan  (Read 1262 times)

Palace

• Palace
CD/format problem again then 2nd missing brain scan
« on: December 12, 2008, 10:07:45 am »
Hi

Do any of you people have a problem with the imaging center or where you have a scan?

I asked nicely for the imaging place to mark which CD goes to Stanford and mark the outside, "Patient Copy."  The last time (six mo. ago) they had me send the wrong format.  (marked incorrectly)  That is why I made a polite issue this time, to get it right.

After my scan about a month or so, ago---I sent the Stanford copy by mail, at the P.O. on the same day as my scan.  After a reasonable duration, I find-out that they/Stanford (once again) couldn't open the file.

I burn another copy (mine) which was different (obviously) then the CD which was enclosed in the envelope, marked Stanford.  They told me it would be read on the 10th, Dec. this time.  (second CD which I promptly got in the mail, the same day as the phone call telling me they couldn't read it) 

There was no phone call the evening of the 10th, to let me know the results of the reading.  I called and left a message at Stanford.  I got a call the next day saying they never received my 2nd-copy.  I'm "not" going back down out of the mountains to the imaging center to straighten this out, nor burn another copy or incorporate two copies upon one disc, trying again.  I don't work for Stanford nor, the imaging center!

It's the holiday time and we are expecting snow in the mountains.  I left word that they (Stanford and imaging center which refuses to mail any copies of a CD) will have to "sort-this-out" or just wait for another MRI reading next year.  I've done enough leg-work!  They don't email images to the Hospital nor did they give me the real/original (huge) films.  (which are legally mine, I'm sure)  They gave me some from past MRI work.

Do any of you people have this problem?  I might have to go to Stanford to have my brain MRI work done from now on.  I've had six brain MRI scans and five were done in Santa Cruz, CA. 

Thank-you for listening,

Frustraited Palace
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 11:07:10 am by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

tenai98

Re: CD/format problem again then 2nd missing brain scan
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 10:59:33 am »
Palace,
The only problem I had at my hospital it that the Doctor when he brought up my file, there was someone elses MRI attached to my name...This MRI was taken is 2003 and showed no tumor...I questioned this MRI knowing full well that I never had one done prior to 2008, and he said yes its mine as it has my name on it....The next day when I saw the ENT, he punched in my ID number instead of name and showed no such MRI....talk about confusion.
JO ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7