Author Topic: Belly fat and pics  (Read 5777 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Belly fat and pics
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 08:08:33 pm »
Jan, you'll have to buy me a drink first.  Than maybe I'll show you!   :D   

Lori -

good to see you're not an "easy" date  :D

And Dan, I would have paid money to see you in pants with suspenders ala Urkel  ;D

Debbi -

belly pictures; you are indeed a brave woman  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 01:45:00 pm »
about 2 inches by 2 inches in my case. exactly where an appendix scar would be..... 13 staples there for me, 3 in head with 2 BIG plastic stitches.......

its too provide a shock absorber for the process and all.

now after 1 year, looking at belly here,  :o

i know where its at, but really no visible scars. course my bikini covers most of it anyway....... :P

10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 02:02:16 pm »
Looks good to me!  ;)  ;)
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 02:21:33 pm »
Actually, I'm not so much a brave woman, as one who lost her last vestiges of dignity somewhere at the hospital!   ;D ;D  When my mom had lung surgery 11 years ago, she said that you end up with a giant case of humility very little dignity after surgery.  Heck, total strangers have now seen me naked with a tube down my throat - kinda puts things into perspective, doesn't it??  Ha ha!!

Debbi,
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Keeping Up

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 08:13:12 pm »
OK - I want off this boat - not liking that idea at all.  I had four babies, have a few bits of memorabilia to go with it but NO TUMMY SCARS, and I think the tummy has a bit o'dignity left.  I ain't going through some brain thingy and getting a tummy scar.

Why can't they take it from your butt??

Another odd one, do they really operate with you stark naked - radiosurgery have more dignity?

(OK - I have tons of time, so will evaluate ALL my options and consequences!)

Ann (came back to add my name)

PS - Debbie - you do have a lovely belly.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 09:28:30 pm by Keeping Up »
dx Dec/08 - 5mm x 8mm AN
'watch and wait'

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 08:49:06 pm »
Hi there,
well...you are kinda naked when they operate.....only have a  hospital gown on and nothing else.  They must have to pull the gown up to get to the tummy!!!!!
Debbi,
You have a great looking tummy!!!  That's interesting that they went sideways on the incision.....mine goes up and down!!  I have had 5 other surgeries, where they had to operate on my tummy, so maybe they just went with the other incisions.  Is everyone else's sideways, also??????
I DID ask the doctor to try to take more fat out than he needed...and he just laughed at me and walked away! >:(   Grr.......
He didn't listen to me, tho!
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 09:28:37 pm »
Count me as one of the sideways fat-heads.  I'm confident they take more than they need (better safe than sorry I guess).  Since you lay around ALOT after surgery, this is probably why they take from your tummy than butt.  I couldn't imagine being achy in the backside at the same time as my head.  Ugh!

Sidenote, I rarely noticed the tummy incision.  I never had any pain from it at all, and it's so un-noticeable now that the other day I had to actually search for it.  If anyone ever sees it, then I can say it was from the same barfight that I got the one in my head in.  ;)

Regards,

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 06:42:36 am »

Why can't they take it from your butt??

Actually I don't see how, because you have a hole in your head.. they want to keep you still ... how would they turn you over?

My scar is also sideways .. it has faded a little more than Debbi's .. but has left a dimple!  (maybe because I have more fat around the middle!)

4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Melissa778

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 07:10:47 am »
Ann,

I too had several children and was blessed with minimal stretch marks and had a nice looking stomach before surgery.  My scar is just below my belly button...slightly to the left and about 2-2/1/2 inches (sideways)....unfort. for me....mine is all puckered and waved looking.  I was a bit upset when it finally healed by the way it looked.  However, condsidering I am overall healthy and my surgery went splendidly, it's a small price to pay.  it's my battle scar, it's only been 6 months since my surgery, I'm hoping it still has time to improve.....and hopefully after the holidays with a bit of working out and some great vitamin E oil, it will improve a bit.

Debi you are one brave lady!  And your scar looks fabulous compared to my own.... :)  Have a wonderful holiday

Melissa
Melissa
1.6cm X 1.6cm diagnosed Jan 30 2008
Translab Surgery scheduled for May 15th with Surgery went well, got ALMOST all of it.
GK to zap the rest on 10/22/08
2010 MRI showed no new growth tumor measuring at that time at 1.1 x .4
2011 Holding steady
2012 new growth 1.7 x .7 :( :(

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2008, 06:25:30 pm »
mine is so low on my belly that a picture would be X rated ... I had to look hard to find it ...
it is into hair line low

mine was the worst part of my surgery in the  beginning , because  the doctor who took the
graft nicked a vessel and I hemorrhaged ...I came home with a bigger than a soft ball sized lump of
calcifying blood that took about 6-8  month to finally all go away ..

3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2008, 07:05:36 am »
Really, the belly is the least of all the problems, and Debbi, you do have a nice looking belly AND you are brave.  I was fortunate not to have belly fat removed but I remember asking them as I signed the permission form to PLEASE take the fat from some more deserving location.  Apparently a common request....
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

wendysig

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 05:14:33 pm »
Debbi -

Once again you prove how brave you are, whether you think so or not -- and you do have a great looking belly!!   ;D ;D

Sorry for the hijack Jo -- as you can see -- everyone's belly fat story is a little different but one thing is almost universal -- most of us feel the docs didn't take enough -- I wonder how we can remedy that?  ;D ;D ;

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

tenai98

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 05:21:11 pm »
HMMMM maybe offer a few hundred $$ under the table for a black market liposuction....lol...
JO ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7