Author Topic: Thought I'd Let you know what happened today at Dr. apt.  (Read 3617 times)

lmurray69

Thought I'd Let you know what happened today at Dr. apt.
« on: February 06, 2006, 07:17:10 pm »
I went to see the surgeon to see if he would take the tumor out..He said NO !!! why one last year I had the ent annd nero argue  over what to do .the ear dr went in to my head and covered the ear drumb and closed and left he didnt take the poison out of the mastroids , so the nero wont operate also I have TIA's  so untill this is addressed no surgery.. I do under stand but. They tell me the head aches and dizzyness , walk like a drunk, dry eyes. loss of memory has nothiing to do with a tumor in my head.. or the TIa's so I am still stuck no DR.. dont know what to do  now.. Oh they made me a 6 month follow upi....
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: Thought I'd Let you know what happened today at Dr. apt.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 08:20:08 pm »
You need to get second and third opinions if necessary. Even if its out of state.

I wish i had got a second opinion!
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Kilroy1976

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 10:10:07 am »
I agree with Larry. Someone out there can help you. It shouldn't be up to the doctors to decide whether you "watch and wait" or take action.
1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida

russ

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 10:52:56 pm »
Hi lmurray69!

I was wondering 'what poison'?? And how is it TIA is associated with your AN?
  6 months seems a reasonable recheck but so does another opinion or two.
  Do you completely understand what is happening to you? No offence intended here...

Russ

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 08:26:15 am »
Imurry69: was it because of the TIA's the doctor's don't want to operate? Do they not want to take the right you'll stroke during the surgery and since the surgery isn't absolute necessay at this time they don't want to take that risk? I would seek a second opinion, my neuro.surgeon that removed my orginal tumor promised me for 5 years that when I was ready to have the regrowth out he would do it and then when I asked him to do it he wouldn't as it wasn't "medically indicated" (political BS) so I went to another doctor and he did the surgery. Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

lmurray69

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 06:22:20 pm »
Hi lmurray69!

I was wondering 'what poison'?? And how is it TIA is associated with your AN?I HAVE A RETENTION CYST THAT IS OVER 1.5 CM THAT IS GROWING . FILLING WITH FLUID. i HAVE VERY BAD HEADACHES..tHE tia'S ARE WHERE THE TUMOR IS PRESSING ON A NERVE THERE. CAUSE  ME TO GO NUMB ON ONE SIDE OF MY BODY..
  6 months seems a reasonable recheck but so does another opinion or two.
  Do you completely understand what is happening to you? No offence intended here...yES i UNDERSTAND FULLY iT IS JUST THEY ARE STUBURN AND WONT LET ME MAKE MY DECISION,

Russ
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/