Author Topic: ck Friday Jan 9  (Read 4767 times)

carter

ck Friday Jan 9
« on: January 07, 2009, 08:30:31 pm »
Ck is set for friday, monday, and tuesday.   i just want it done right now.

i have good neuro and ck dr.   

i have said my prayers anf i believe that i am ready to go.

carter

Diagnosed in fall of 2008 with 1.6 * 2.9cm AN on left side. 

Scheduled CK at Oklahoma Cyber Knife in December, 2008 and decided not to proceede on 2nd date that CK was scheduled.  I fired them.

CK performed at St John's Hospital (Tulsa)Jan 2009

sher

Re: ck Friday Jan 9
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 08:42:36 pm »
Carter,
Congrats on your decision. I am 3 months post ck and am glad that I decided on this treatment. Just make sure they crank up the music loud!!!! I didn't have happy pills and the music wasn't loud enough the first day of treatment.
You will do fine I am sure!
Good Luck,
Sher
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 04:05:41 pm »
Carter:

My thoughts (and prayers) will be with you on Friday.  I wish you a smooth CK treatment and a trouble-free recovery.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

FAITH40

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 06:19:28 pm »
CARTER,

YOU HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND THATS AWESOME! ;) SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE SITTING ON GO!!! PRAYING FOR YOU AND A SMOOTH RECOVERY!

TAMMI  ;)
2.8 CM AN NASHVILLE,TN. DR. REID THOMPSON AND DR. DAVID HAYNES REMOVED DEC. 4TH- 07 TRANSLAB - 16 1/2 HOUR SURGERY - STRETCHED FACIAL NERVE- FACIAL PARALYSIS (HEALING) 100% HEARING LOSS (AN SIDE)
4 DAY HOSPITAL STAY ! DOING GREAT!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 07:04:07 am »
Carter,

Today you begin the journey to being a "toastie-postie"... you are going to do great and time to rock 'n roll! Good luck today and hang in there!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cindyj

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 09:45:12 am »
Thinking of you today, Carter!  Let us know how things go,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

carter

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 11:17:40 am »
thanks for the thoughts...  i will leave work in a while to have it done.   so if at 3:00 CST, the lights dim, you will know that the little bastA*()&rd is on his way to death.

again thanks
carter

Scheduled CK at Oklahoma Cyber Knife in December, 2008 and decided not to proceede on 2nd date that CK was scheduled.  I fired them.

GRACE1

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 01:34:18 pm »
Good luck!!!  We will all be thinking of you.

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

gordy

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 05:01:45 pm »
hope all went well carter.

carter

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 07:21:47 pm »
session 1 is over.  the treatment took a little over an hour.  i watched the robot almost all of the time.   i felt 0 from the radiation.   i just very tired of laying there..  they laid me out and locked down the mask....started the cd ---- bob dylan.   they zerod it in and came in and said that we are waiting on teh neuro surgeon.   after about 30 minutes they released me for a minute....  then locked me down again as the onocologist wanted to look it over.  then we waited another 30 minutes for the neuro dr......   the cd ended a few minutes after the treatment started.   so i watched the robot.   this did not bother me .... in fact it fascinated me.

about 30 minutes into the treatement, they came in to change something in the robot - a lens?  they released me ....  by this time, i was really achy ......  a shoulder and the back of my head.  back down - disc 2 in and away we went.   

there were a few mechanical noises - but no big deal.

i had taken a valium an hour before i was scheduled ...  30 minute wait before...an hour wait for neuro dr .....  and an hour to treat ....  the valium did not last.   i did not need it for anxiety .... just tired of laying there and not able to move.

no smells, weird feelings,,,, no nothing.

i got home to find the daughter had brought over a pizza to cook. 

then she showed that she has listened....  she drug out 3 pints of icecream.   she said that i had complained too much about no special diet for AN folks....  she had made labels --- radioactiveman ice cream.

so other than the delay and the laying there too long - session 1 was no problem. 

life is still good and the little bast(**$$@rd is starting to die!!!!

sgerrard

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 07:58:44 pm »
There you go, Carter. A couple of more like that, and the AN is history.

Good for your daughter picking up the ice cream. Well deserved, I would say. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

swiftie55

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 08:18:58 am »
Great news on the first treatment--how fortunate you are in the USA !   Here in the uk,we have just taken delivery of the first ck machine-- And it is not available on the NHS.  Most uk  surgeons still don't trust radiotherapy---''cut 'em out' they cry!  For me to come to the USA for treatment would cost over $130,000.--plus accomodation,flights,etc.  The alternative is CK in Munich--but they will only carry out the treatment in a single dose --and i would love to preservr my hearing.  Good luck to you all over there--chris,manchester,uk.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 02:09:23 pm »
Carter -

glad things went well yesterday.  I hope Monday and Tuesday continue to follow this pattern.

I'll be thinking of you,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 02:20:44 pm »
Carter:

Thanks for the update.  It seems as if boredom and impatience are your biggest issues, so far.  I hope this smooth treatment experience continues.  Oh, and I like your daughter's sense of humor: 'Radioactiveman Ice Cream':D

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

carter

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 05:23:06 pm »
day 2 was a breeze....  i was called back right on time...  got set up in 3 minuts or so...  they got the drs there in about 5 minutes and the treatment started.  it lasted about 1 hr and 15 minutes.

i drove myself and did not atke a valium...  i ddi not like how valium made me feel.

during teh weekend i was tired feeling and hD ONLY SMALL HEADAHES - NOT A BIG ONE.    THE ECH SUGGESTED TAHT TEH STRESS BEING OFF MAY HAVE HELPED GREATLY!!!!   

I AM LISTENINGTO THE LITLLE BAST%#RD SCREAM AB HE DIES.

LIFE IS GOOD

CARTER