Author Topic: Los Angeles Area Meetup -- Sunday, January 25  (Read 11401 times)

LADavid

Re: Los Angeles Area Meetup -- Sunday, January 25
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 09:51:20 pm »
Hey Marci
Thanks!  I know Nancy and I are interested.  I know two of the pieces -- they are wonderful. And the Disney Concert Hall is amazing.  There may be one disappointment though.  The beach is ten miles away and it may not be so balmy when you get here.  We can always hope.

Thanks again,

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2009, 10:39:45 pm »
Hi,
I will leave tickets for you and Nancy at the will-call.  If things aren't crazy backstage and I'm not needed, I'll look for you.  (And I will walk (or drive) to the beach if I have to.)  I grew up by the Atlantic Ocean but the Pacific will do.  See you soon!
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

NL

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 03:07:00 pm »
Marci,

Thanks so much for providing the comps! I am so looking forward to the coming weekend!

(It's supposed to cool down back into the 60's by then, but you can leave your ice skates at home.:))

Looking forward to seeing you soon,

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

Lainie181818

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 05:59:17 pm »
Hy Guys, just logged on. I would love to go to the concert also. let me know, I will be in DC but will be checking email.
Thank you. Look forward to seeing you Sunday.
Lainie.

MAlegant

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 06:14:10 pm »
Hi,
That's great!  The tickets will be in will-call; y'all had better pm me your full names so I can do that.   I am SO glad you are coming--it should be a great concert--and I'll hang out by the will-call so you may see me.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Lainie181818

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2009, 08:00:58 pm »
Hi Marci,
Thank you so much. David & Nancy do you want to meet up at some designated place before concert?
Lainie.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 09:05:26 pm by sgerrard »

QRM

• Was an architect now stay at home dad
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 10:40:12 pm »
Rick
The way things are going in the world, plan on the uprising.  Just remember to tell everyone you encounter, "I'm having brain tumor surgery next week" and they'll say "oh" as they think "poor b**stard" and let you move on thinking "Thank God it's not me."  It works like a charm -- or a curse -- don't know which.  But you won't get stuck in any of those messy rebellions.
See you soon.
David

Made it back to Singapore, and its great when all these govt uprisings takes place, the airports and beaches in Thailand were brilliant no one there.  Very relaxing, mad rush now packing,  I must have had nomadic ancestors, for me a tooth brush and spare pair of undies is all I need, wife is a bit more old school, put it this way when we went to Hong Kong for a long weekend the hotel porter genuinely asked if we were relocating to HK as he struggled with two trolleys

See you all soon.
2.5 cm x 1.1 cm AN 30 Oct 08  Singapore Gleneagles Hosp.
Translab on  29 Jan 09 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of HEI
Surgery a success!! had wonky head for a while and odd tastes
Everyday things are improving and getting back to normal.

MAlegant

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 11:30:00 am »
Ok, so I've got comp tickets waiting at will-call for Lainie, Nancy and David.  Anyone else decides to go you can let me know even at the last minute.  I will have my computer and therefore access to email with me.
See you all soon!
Marci

fbarbera

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2009, 11:36:48 am »
Just logged on -- Marci, thank you so much for offering these comps - I'm going to be in a training that afternoon and unfortunately cannot make it.  I will look forward to seein gyou the next day.  Nancy, David and Lainie -- thrilled for you guys!  What an awesome outing.  The concert hall is absolutely magnificent.

MAlegant

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 10:38:28 am »
I'm here in LA!  I'll see David, Nancy and Lainie at the concert (I'm sitting with you) and everyone else at lunch.  So nice to be away from the frigid temps and ice and snow.  In a strange twist of fate, there is a neurological convention at this hotel. I'm tempted to ask them if they want to do show and tell.  :D
See you soon. 
Marci

Kaybo

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 12:41:42 pm »
Marci~

I DEFINITELY would...
 ;)
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

MAlegant

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 01:20:14 pm »
All,
Will have to miss lunch on Sunday because I need to go back to Ohio unexpectedly (on the Saturday night red-eye). Fortunately, I spent all of yesterday with friends and colleagues in Santa Monica and did in fact watch the sunset.  It felt so good to see/hear/smell the ocean and feel the sand beneath my feet that I got all sappy and cried.  We watched dolphins and seals play,  had a picnic, replete with wine, on the beach and had an all round wonderful day.  Thanks for the suggestion; it was well worth it. 

I'm looking forward to seeing Lainie, David and Nancy at the concert tomorrow at 2pm--could one of you bring a camera so we can at least have a picture?  As for everyone else, I'm sorry I won't meet up with you, but don't be surprised if I just move here.   :P

Best,
Marci

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 02:53:06 pm by MAlegant »

LADavid

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 04:05:34 pm »
Marci
Dolphins?  Are you sure they weren't surfers in dark wetsuits?  I'm glad you had a good day -- too bad the weather isn't better.  And whether you realize it or not, there was an earthquake yesterday around 1 PM -- a 3.2 I think.
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

MAlegant

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 06:07:02 pm »
Definitely dolphins.  They did a few flips for us!  And we were listening to the waves crash so never noticed an earthquake. 
M

NL

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 06:36:02 pm »
Marci,

I'm sorry you'll miss the lunch on Sunday, but I'm SO glad you got to spend time at the ocean and see the sunset. Even with the wet weather, it's always wonderful to experience the beach, and all the better when you can catch a glimpse of the dolphins swimming just beyond the surf. Sounds like you had a great day. ;D

(David - I never even felt the earthquake yesterday - I only found out from watching the news!)

I'll be at the concert tomorrow with camera in hand. Maybe Lainie can even try another video with her cell phone.  ;)

Looking forward to seeing you, Lainie and David tomorrow - and Francesco, Rick and family, and maybe a few others on Sunday.

Nancy

1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan