Author Topic: ANA Discussion Forum NE "Spring Fling" Brunch at Maxwell's  (Read 39375 times)

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
Re: ANA Discussion Forum NE "Spring Fling" Brunch at Maxwell's
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2009, 05:39:35 pm »
Another wonderful brunch and ohhhhhhhh the apple dumpling was fit for a King or a Queen.  Thank you Phyl and Jane you guys go the extra mile for us.  Thanks to all for the good conversations, the validating, the feeling like you are not alone...hey when is the next one?
Cindy
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

Helga

« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2009, 05:48:11 pm »
What a great day! I only had decaf and still was wired all afternoon. It was so wonderful to meet all of you, and thanks to Rich and his great pictures, I hopefully can remember everyone's names. Phyl, I know you don't want any thanks, too bad, thanks anyway, you are almost as sweet as the apple dumplins! Jane, Lisa, Theresa, great to talk to you in person. Molly - so great to meet you, it was fun. Leslie - get that BAHA and be as good as new, maybe even better if that is possible!!! Thanks to all of you who took the time to share and talk. Congrats to Laura for running and Keri for driving on marathon weekend in Boston.
I agree with crazycat, we just got going and it was time to go, so here is an idea for next time: every 1/2 hour we change seats so everyone gets the opportunity to talk to everyone else - what do you think?
Helga

yoga52smh

« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2009, 06:28:53 pm »
Great pictures Rich and thank you,

I'm so sorry I wasn't there to meet all the new folks and meet with our old gang.  I ate too well myself yesterday at a wedding shower and a graduation party. !   :o

Phyl,  I missed you. and Katie, Paul, Jane, Theresa, Elaine, Joe and all (I'll never remember all the names, but I missed you).  Count me in for October.  So glad you all had a great time in our sunny but cool neck of the woods.
 Sincerely,

Sue    :o  :o  8)

yoga52smh

« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2009, 06:47:10 pm »
Oh Katie,  and I missed meeting Audrey!!  I would have loved to hold her.  Can't wait for the pictures.  See you in October!

Sue

lori67

« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2009, 09:31:45 pm »
I'm so jealous!  And not just of the apple dumplings I've heard so much about!  It looks like a great group and I'm so glad you had a good time!

I think everyone looks awesome!  I wish I could have seen little Audrey though - I'll bet she is the cutest one in the group!

Thanks for the pics!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2009, 02:47:42 am »
Yes Helga,

This bi-annual event is fast become more of an Acoustic Neuroma New England Conference. One afternoon is not enough time.

It's 4:46 AM ....Yikes!!
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2009, 06:16:13 am »
we got our home computer temporarily working, so...... I was able to load up a few pics of the brunch, so here's hoping it works.

MissAudrey's Brunch Bunch Debut, sleeping in Auntie Phyl's arm...

Jim and Tina!

CrazyKat Rocker Dood Paul and Scarlett!

NancyMc and Dave!

One of the platters of dumplins, made in honor of Audrey!  (thanks Jane for the baby girl favors!!!!!!)

MissyMolly serving up da dumplins!

Elaine and Theresa (Busted again with dessert!!!!!!)

Laura, Keri and moi... with our charming host Bill

BobMc giving Momma Katie a helping hand with Audrey!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 06:29:09 am by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

tsl

« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2009, 07:14:38 am »
Many, many thanks to Phyl and Jane for making the brunch possible.  It was great to see everyone again and meet new people.  Grandma Mary, YogaSue, and Joef were missed.

The brunch was WONDERFUL--as usual. 

Rich, thank you for the terrific pictures.  I thought that I had escaped Phyl's camera, but I see that she snapped me just before I was ready to devour my apple dumpling.  Mercifully, there is no photograph record of the 3 desserts I ate before the dumpling.

Take care everyone and bless you all.
-Theresa (tsl)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:52:03 am by tsl »
AN diagnosed Dec 2006
Approx. size 9 x 6  x 4 mm
Proton Beam radiosurgery wtih Dr. Jay Loeffler (radiation oncologist) and Dr. Paul Chapman (neurosurgeon) at Mass. General on Nov.2, 2007

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2009, 07:25:22 am »
Oh, well, I guess I needed a before picture or two.
Honestly, I looked at the facial progress photo that Dave took of me yesterday and almost had a panic attack. 
I loved meeting all of you.  Dave was amazed at the strength of character of my AN friends.  I hope that by next brunch I will have lost the ten indulgent pre-op pounds and have a little more symmetry to exhibit.
I'm thinking I've gone from the Brackmann III to something a little farther down the scale.  Dr. McCall did a visual assessment after mentioning my decline, asking me to perform specific, challenging maneuvers but did not give me the results.  Think I'll call.
Thanks, Phyl and Jane, truly, for a fun day.
Enjoy your beautiful little darling, Katie.  Nothing better in the world.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

moe

« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2009, 09:10:44 am »
Love all the pics. Thanks! I almost felt I was there, and those dumplings look yummy :D
And Nancy, yes, your face is a little off, and it is a shock.
But remember, it is a picture, and they never look like the real you.
You have great cheek, eye muscle tone there.
Hang in there, Nancy.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2009, 09:19:00 am »
Thanks, moe.  I'm really trying hard to hang in here.  I'm not known for my patience. 
At least today is the big HAIR WASH and SHOWER day, so perhaps my hair will look a little better by this evening when I'm going out to rekindle old friendships at the pub while Dave plays music.
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

lori67

« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2009, 10:57:56 am »
Well, all of the brunch bunch is absolutely lovely, but I was right, Audrey wins the cute award!  What a little angel!  I think she might have had a few of those apple dumplings tucked away in those chubby little cheeks of hers!  I'm glad you caught Bob redhanded trying to "accidently" take her home with him.   ;)

Nancy, a shower, a shampoo and a trip to the pub?  Sounds like today is shaping up pretty well!  Enjoy all of it!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2009, 11:25:52 am »
Sunday’s brunch was superb! What a fantastic group! I’m so looking forward to the next brunch and seeing everyone again. The time did fly by much too quickly I have to say!

Audrey was such a wonderful baby. Every time I looked up she was being held by someone new and seemed to be enjoying every minute of it. :D

Nancy, I think your being way to hard on yourself. I think you look wonderful. You just need to find that patience.

Phyl and Jane, your awesome! Thanks for organizing the brunch.

Scarlett
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

ppearl214

• Administrator
Re: ANA Discussion Forum NE October Brunch at Maxwell's
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2009, 12:28:31 pm »
truly glad so many of you enjoyed! And for those that missed.. .ok, here goes..... (I can't believe I'm doing this 6MONTHS early!  Does help with those that need to make travel plans.....)

POLL

October 18th (football kick off is at 4pm)
Oct 25 (football kick off is at 1pm but its the week before world series)

I cannot do the 4th or the 11th (Columbus Day weekend for those that celebrate it....) but if you want those, please note but I won't be there.

So, pick one.. believe it or not, I have to phone Bill at the restaurant to hold the Maxine Room for then!

Oct 4
Oct 11
Oct 18
Oct 25

1 vote per person, non transferrable, will not exchange for cash although all denominations are accepted and tax deductable! :D

Phyl

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ppearl214

• Administrator
Re: ANA Discussion Forum NE October Brunch at Maxwell's
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2009, 12:43:05 pm »
see poll above.

My vote

Oct 25