Author Topic: Facial sweating while eating  (Read 3219 times)

kenneth_k

Facial sweating while eating
« on: February 08, 2009, 07:55:47 am »
Hello everyone.

I have this weird symptom. I start sweating on my cheeks, forehead and scalp, whenever I eat something sour. And it hasn't have to be extremely sour. An apple can do the trick, or bread with cheese. If I eat a burger with ketchup, it looks like I just did a marathon. It started around the same time I developed the rather annoying metallic taste in my mouth.

My doctor calls it an "unusual" side effect, which he hasn't seen before. It may come from manipulating the trigemenial or the facial nerve during surgery (both are anatomically intact). He suggested waiting some months, and then maybe treat it with botox injections.

Has anyone of you ever heard of this?

Best regards, Kenneth

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Re: Facial sweating while eating
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 10:52:08 am »
Hi Kenneth,
I know that my tongue was affected by my surgery and my taste buds also.  I think your doctor is probably right.  Hang in there and stay away from the hot and sour soup at your local Asian restaurant.
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Dan

• Dan in Germany
Re: Facial sweating while eating
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 02:43:54 am »
Kenneth,

No sweating but when ever I eat something hot or hard to chew my eye starts watering.  Just another side effect of remaining paralysis.

Dan in Germany
US Army Retired, age 51,  residing and working in Germany.
Retrosigmoid 21 Sept 07 left side 1.76cm AN, Prof. Mann, Uniklinik Mainz Germany