Author Topic: Just another bump in the road...  (Read 2084 times)

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Re: Just another bump in the road...
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 08:47:06 am »
Oh Priscilla, what a drag!  Hopefully, this week will do the trick.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
Re: Just another bump in the road...
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 10:13:57 am »
Thanks to all for positive thoughts.  I am swigging smoothies w/active cultures and drink lots of water.  The vancomycin is hard on kidneys, so they tell me, so I keep a large cup of water with me at all times.  I am definitely the hare in this race, but since we know he was the winner, I can hold out until this is done!  I repeat this mantra multiple times a day, mind you.

Maybe we need to invent a medical position for all of us who have had craniotomies.  Athletes have sports psychologists to keep them motivated.  We need craniotomy psychologists to keep us encouraged and in balance w/all that is going on in our heads, physically and emotionally.  Anyone care to name this much needed position?  Craniotomy caregivers?  Brain balancers?

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.