Author Topic: Are you from Alabama?  (Read 1696 times)

Raydean

Are you from Alabama?
« on: February 11, 2009, 02:41:55 pm »
Hi

My name is Aaron and I am in the 5th grade.  I was assigned to do a a report and class project on the state of Alabama.  I have my report almost done, but i want to do the extra stuff that my teacher gave in order to get a B or an A.   One of the projects he gave us was to do a shadow box with certain things on the outside.  Inside I am to put  maps, pictures, interesting news articles, post cards, products, brochures etc.  I was wondering if anyone could send my pictures, tourist brochures, post cards or anything that would be useful.  It's be great if you could add a personal note about what you like best about Alabama.  It has to fit inside a shoe box.   My Nana thinks going thru the tourist bureau would take to long because it's due a week from tomorrow.

My Nana (Raydean) says i can't give out my address, but that you could  send me a note by clicking on the thing under Nana's name.

Thank you for your help.  I hope everyone has a  Happy Valentine Day.

Aaron

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Are you from Alabama?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 03:08:32 pm »
Hi Aaron! So good to see you here! Your Nana and Mom know that all of you hold a very special place in my heart.  I have been to Alabama in a car because I drove from Atlanta, GA to New Orleans, LA long before the terrible hurricane there.  It was a VERY long drive, filled with a lot of countryside and farms. It was also VERY hot and humid!  We did stop for lunch and it was typical "southern cooking".  Do you know what a "hush puppy" is there? It's made with corn meal and deep fried.  Kinda like a round donut hole made of cornmeal... it's good with ketchup.

I hope many here will share with you. I don't have any pictures or maps, only the story of my driving trip through Alabama. I know you are going to do great on your project and I think your Nana has a good idea to have you ask here. I hope many help!

Please give mom and Nana a BIG hug from me!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lori67

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 08:06:59 pm »
Hi Aaron!  (that's my nephew's name too!)

My daughter Stefanie lives in Alabama and I'm sure she would love to send you some things.  If you have your Nana send me the address to send it to, I think Stef would be able to find some good things for you.  We had to help out with a state box from Tennessee for a friend in New Jersey last year and she got an A+!  I hope you do too.

Tell Nana to "PM"  me!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Raydean

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 08:49:28 pm »
That would be so awesome.   I sent you my address with Nana's help.  Please let me know if you got it   I wanted stuff that the teacher and class could actually pick up and read, look at.   The shadow box is part of the B level, ( my other choices was doing a map or tourist brochure or poster)  I think this will be a lot more interesting. 

I'm trying for an A. 

Aaron

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 05:17:50 am »
Aaron,
If you ever have to do a report on Texas or NASA, let me know, I live five miles from Johnson Space Center and NASA and would be happy to help.  Good luck on your Alabama project, it is a beautiful state with lots of great people.  I hope you get an A

Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT