Author Topic: Could you say a little prayer for me......  (Read 9289 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Could you say a little prayer for me......
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 07:53:22 am »
Angie -

I am so sorry.  If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hang in there and know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

suboo73

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 08:25:51 am »
Angie,  I am thinking of you.  Have lost a child at 5+ months - it was hard to verbalize to family (grownups), but didn't have to tell my then 2 year old.  I know you will find the words.  Both my daughters know now (grown) and i just continue to hug them and luv them when i can. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your husband and your sweet boys.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

GRACE1

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 09:04:33 am »
Give your huband and 2 little boys big, big hugs and take care of yourself.  We are all keeping you and your family in our thoughts.

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

Cheryl R

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 09:33:21 am »
Angie,  Your family here was just as excited as you so we feel some of your loss.      Make sure to let yourself grieve.              Your little angel will always be in the back of your thoughts.           
I lost one many years ago after getting pregnant with an IUD in so know that it takes time to feel normal again.
We are thinking of you and your family and wish you peace.                  Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 10:06:35 am »
Thanks for the prayers. Although I didn't get the outcome that I wanted.....I do know that it happened for a reason. Today we are enjoying beautiful sunshine in Little Rock....something we haven't had in many weeks and I really feel like this is God's subtle message that these dark days in my life are sure to brighten. My boys: Rivers and Tanner are spoiled rotten with love and when something like this happens it makes you hold onto them a little bit tighter. My husband has been wonderful which helps. My marriage is strong and like Hunter said last night......"Angie, Your time is coming for something great to come your way. It can't always be bad." The last 19 months of my life since facial paralysis, throat paralysis and now the miscarriage has been terrible. I also know that God knows when I can't take anymore and will be my saving grace. I also know that people like our sweet Donnalynn is suffering through something much more serious with her dear husband. I continue to pray for them. Today I am doing what my 88 year Grandmother always tells me to do.......Let Go....Let God.
Angie

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 10:54:07 am »
I just read this and my heart sank.  There are no words that I can say that will ease you and your family's sadness over the loss.  I can only express my deepest sympathies for you all.  I will, however, relate a story.  After our first miscarriage, we decided to go out of town alone for the weekend.  The first moring my wife was awakened by a bird who seemed to be feverishly trying to get into our window.  As time went on, when we needed it the most we noticed that there was a little bird involved.  Then, one day, we found a Precious Moments figurine ornament.  You guessed it, without realizing it there was a little bird on there.  To this day, we find comfort in little birds because to us, it's God's way of sending us a message about the baby we lost that everything's okay and the baby is safe in Heaven.  Hopefully, you'll find that same comfort.

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Keri

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 10:59:34 am »
Hi Angie,
I'm so sorry too about your loss. I'm also thankful that you are feeling comforted and held by the Lord in the midst of pain.
We will pray for you and your family.
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2009, 11:44:16 am »
Angie ~

Please know that you have my sympathy for your loss and of course, the sympathy of many others who grieve with you.  May God comfort you at this trying time. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2009, 07:13:40 pm »
Hi Angie,
I am so sorry.  I know exactly what you are feeling right now and even though it was many years ago, it seems like yesterday.  Seeing nothing on that ultrasound was the most awful thing ever.  I don't know how I got through it.  (more than one miscarriage and two failed adoptions)  I am blessed to have one and I am grateful that I could accomplish even that.  Only time will heal and it will never completely heal. My thoughts are with you; you will get through it and move on.  Sending lots of love.
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2009, 09:36:11 pm »
Hi Angie,

Hug all your guys and hold them close!  I had a miscarriage after having a stillborn, and I remember being so grateful for the family I had, even if it meant I would only have one.  I never got the sense that God was telling me I was done w/having kids, and went on to have a daughter.  Please know that we are holding all of you close in prayer.

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

wendysig

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2009, 10:15:27 pm »
Angie,

I am so very sorry for your loss.  I hope the love and support you have from us and your family will help you through this.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2009, 11:02:44 pm »
Angie,
I'm so sorry for your loss.  Just be sure to hug and love those 2 kids you do have.  They are very special, from God.
Please accept my sympathy.  This is one thing I've never been thru, but I did lose a child at the age of 16.  That was tough, b/c I'd met him, and loved him,
and knew his personality.  But, no matter how it happens, it's still very hard.
God bless, my friend.
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.

LADavid

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2009, 01:43:46 am »
Angie.  I don't often cry.  I am now.  You're in my prayers.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2009, 04:24:21 pm »
Well. I did tell the little boys and it went really well. I told them that when Mommy's and Daddy's want babies that God plants a tiny seed of life into the mom's tummy. With time that seed of life grows into a baby. I told him that the doctor told us that our little seed of life was not well and that it would not grow into a baby and that we would have to try again. He just looked at me and said........So you mean you bought that pretty little cradle for nothing. I had to chuckle as I was so relieved that he didn't cry. They are both such sweet and thoughtful little boys and I didn't know how they would respond. I don't think they grasp the whole idea of pregnancy and how you get the baby, etc. I think they are still at the stork stage so needless to say all went well and yes we are keeping that pretty little cradle.....just in case.
It is really weird because all week long they didn't come up and rub my tummy or ask any questions about "the baby" as they would normally do. It is almost as if they just knew.
Much love,
Hunter, Rivers , Tanner and me.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2009, 04:35:54 pm »
Angie:

At seven and four, children cannot really comprehend the realities of impregnation, gestation and delivery of a baby, much less, a miscarriage.  I believe this actually makes it easier for everyone.  Although you'll never completely forget, it won't have the same emotional impact on them - and that is probably best.  Kids have enough to deal with these days and at at much younger ages, too.  In this instance, your boy's innocence is a gift.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.