Author Topic: Registration for Symposium  (Read 3760 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Registration for Symposium
« on: February 15, 2009, 11:53:59 pm »
I just wanted to remind everyone that the registration fees for the 2009 ANA Symposium will be going up after March 1st.  I think the increase is $25 for members and $30 for non-members, so if you want to avoid paying a little extra you might want to register within the next few weeks.

I faxed my registration form in almost 2 weeks ago and it took a little while to get a confirmation back, so don't cut it too close to the 1st if you want the lowest rate.

Hope to see lots of you there  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

Re: Registration for Symposium
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 02:14:18 am »
You are kind of a symposium angel, aren't you Jan.  ;)

I just submitted my registration online; I will post again here again as soon as I know whether that works out well. Since I saved $25 on the registration, I donated the $25 to  one of the funds. Hopefully anyone who wants to go and can't afford it can get financial aid (deadline for financial aid applications is April 10).

Hope to see everyone there.  8)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 07:23:44 am »
Thanks Jan.... you welcome wagon, you! :)

Working mine now.... will advise...... my attendance is still up in the air, but knowing now that Steve is going to be there, will have to coordinate a Moderator Meeting.....

Steve, meet you in the hotel bar! :) I think we've earned a number of beverages! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 10:51:07 am »
Well, I'm almost an angel - I still have one last installment of my symposium pledge due.  I found out I could make my reservation at The Drake now and they won't charge my credit card until August.   So since my credit card hasn't blown up yet, I'll be able to pay off that pledge very soon  8)

Donating the $25 was a wonderful idea, Steve - and it's tax deductible too  ;D

I donated a little something with my registration also in the hopes that someone who can't afford the fee will take advantage of it.  I know times are tough and being local my costs to attend won't be as great as some others who live out of town.  I hope those who need financial assistance won't be shy about requesting funds.  I also hope that there will be enough funds to go around.

Phyl - don't they give you guys free drinks on the Moderator's Jet? LOL  :D  (Just joking, newbies.  Jet is mythical)

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 12:16:23 pm »
Phyl - don't they give you guys free drinks on the Moderator's Jet? LOL  :D  (Just joking, newbies.  Jet is mythical)

Jan

*GASP*  Say it isn't so!  ;)

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 06:51:24 am »
it AIN'T so!  ;D   My seat is already held on-board and the movie will be the sing-along version of "Mamma Mia"... the Mods will be waltzing into the symposium singing " Dancing Queen" :)

Jan

*GASP*  Say it isn't so!  ;)

Brian
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 07:32:44 am »
Care to video that for us lowlife's still on the ground?  ;)

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Kaybo

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 07:35:36 am »
OK - if I make it, we are doing Mama Mia karaoke THERE...it may need to be in the bar...Phyl, you are in with me baby!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 08:29:04 pm »
Happiness....I registered us for the Symposium!

Mary  8)
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 08:10:55 am »
Yea, Mary!  Anxious to see you there  ;D

K -  no IFs about it.  I need to meet you, you need to be there (that's tough-guy Chicago talk  ;) )

I managed to book a room at The Drake and am on the waiting list for an upgrade to a suite.  If that happens, you can sleep on my couch - or I'll sleep on the couch; makes no difference to me.

I have to tell you though, I am not doing any singing - or dancing.  I'm going to leave all that to Phyl and the Moderators - and you, of course!

Jan

Kaybo

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 08:17:31 am »
Jan~
Am working on it - my "free" ticket runs out in MAY (doesn't that stink??) however, I found out that I maybe can extend it for $50.  That still would be MUCH cheaper than a full priced!  I am going to Houston the 1st week of March so hopefully I will have a chance to talk to my MIL about if we are taking the trip then or not...

K

PS - I think that YOU will sing too if we get enough beverages down you!!  :o)
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 08:26:48 am »
K -

If I get enough beverages down, I'll probably just "toss my cookies" or go to sleep in the corner   :D

The free ticket thing does stink.  If nothing else and you have to pay the $50, you might want to approach the ANA about financial aid.  I don't know if it applies to travel expenses, or just the registration fee, but between Steve and me I know for a fact that there's at least $50 in the fund.

Jan

sgerrard

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 10:00:34 am »
I just submitted my registration online; I will post again here again as soon as I know whether that works out well.

I have received email confirmation of my registration, and my credit card got charged. If anyone is wondering, the online registration appears to work.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

lori67

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 10:49:02 am »
Oh my, moderators singing Dancing Queen?  I might be wishing I was deaf in BOTH ears!   :o 

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 11:54:11 am »
Yea, Steve!!!

Who's next?  Steve, Mary, and I don't want to drink alone.

But we will if we have to!  :D

Jan