Author Topic: Eye twiching and inspiring video  (Read 1239 times)

Greg M

• Not all who wander are lost...
Eye twiching and inspiring video
« on: March 02, 2009, 03:36:20 pm »
I was wondering if anyone has had this happen? My eye on my right side has been twiching but my AN is on my left. Weird... I came across this video and wanted to share it, there is life after AN treatments. It reminded me that every things gonna be alright. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pQ7RAeHYew  Peace Greg
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 01:41:18 pm by Greg M »
diagnosed 1-9-09 1.3cm LF side AN
some tinnitus, high frequency hearing loss
GK 6-17-09 @ GK center of Portland
Dr.Bader & Dr.Wayson
Time will tell......

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Re: Eye twiching and video
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:06:17 am »
Greg,

It’s been interesting for me to view this video, of Renee, again.

I saw it before I sought neuro muscular facial retraining therapy.

To see it again – I recognized my neuro muscular facial retraining therapist’s voice in a second. (I did not know her the first time I viewed this- so I had no connection to make.) I really think that they should have recognized Wanda Crook- in the credits also. (She has helped me tremendously)

Greg I am thinking it might be worthwhile you having a consult with Dr Friedman at House  (he was interviewed in the video on the sports field).
Here is his profile
http://www.houseearclinic.com/friedmanRA.htm

They have also interviewed Dr. Hitzleberger in the video however I am most certain he has retired from surgery- since the film was made. When I was at interviewing at HEI, before my final choice, - he was then age 77. He has had an incredible lifetime of helping others. He and Dr. Brackmann (the AN world guru whom I respect tremendously) are longtime colleagues… who a few in our AN support group have had successful surgeries with.

You will come to realize that the Acoustic Neuroma world is a small one. Nevertheless know that you are about to embark on an incredible journey. You will no doubt discover people who value the content of ones character more so than one’s appearances… and on this forum, and in support groups, are some amazing people with stories well worth listening to.

We are here to support you through this. You and your family ARE going to get through this … and know that the forum here is much like family too. We talk to each other at all hours of theday; even on bad hair days, and sometimes from our laptops dressed in PJ’s with a coffee in hand- from all over the world.

I am so glad you stumbled on this video … for me it was good to see it again. Thanks for sharing it.

I am keeping you, and your family, in my prayers.

Keep moving forward.

DHM

P.S. I had eye twitching before my treatment. It is gone now but I still have eye issues when I am tired due to stress (or too much time at the computer screen)  with dry eye and a sometimes slow moving eyelid not wanting to blink-in-sync. Post surgery my eye was wild- it has settled now. Somedays it is actually 100% normal...
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

moe

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 10:31:21 am »
The video was very moving. First time I've seen it.Thanks for sharing. I actually cried (through my right eye only). Losing a smile is like losing a part of yourself (i.e. a breast for breast cancer). I have been mourning my loss of a smile since the surgery 2.5 years ago and as you can see from my signature, I've been through a lot. My life has been absolutely insane during my AN journery and I just now have joined the forum (won't put you through the details of military life trials and tribulations during AN journey). So thanks for that.
About your eye twitch, is it like a nervous flutter? I do know what that feels like. An involuntary twitch that really is not perceived by others but you can feel like it is very noticeable. Mine was related to stress. I hated it. I would look in the mirror and hardly see anything.
Curious to know how yours feels, and if it may be stress related. Duh you just got diagnosed with an AN- of course you are stressed and worried. Hang in there. You are on top of the game.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Greg M

• Not all who wander are lost...
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 11:47:49 am »
I am happy to share it, it moved me as well. I can't imagine losing one side of my face, it must be so hard!! I give you all many seeds of courage, you all are amazing people. it seems like with hard work and dedication, some movement can be retained. Thats easy for me to say. I wish you all the best.

I sent my info to Dr.Schartzw at the house. We have yet to connect over the phone. I wonder if I should contact Dr.Friedman or Dr.Brackman because Dr.Schartzw is gone for the week. I don't know if they will share my info with eachother? Can I request opinion's from several docs over at HEI? That would be awesome if they all called me, haha I know they are all very busy.

My eye twiching is kinda like a flutter. I have been super stressed within the last few days. Maybe that's what it is. Check out my post option, silliness and you'll see why. I'm doing better but I just don't know what to do next. I'll figure it out and with all the loving energy here on this forum to help me. I'll be o.k. Thanks agian Greg
diagnosed 1-9-09 1.3cm LF side AN
some tinnitus, high frequency hearing loss
GK 6-17-09 @ GK center of Portland
Dr.Bader & Dr.Wayson
Time will tell......