Author Topic: N.E. Gamma Knife  (Read 2726 times)

robinc

N.E. Gamma Knife
« on: February 17, 2006, 10:53:14 pm »
I have a AN about 1.7cm.  The closest gamma knife to me is in RI-George Noran.  What do you know?  Or should I keep driving on to Boston.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: N.E. Gamma Knife
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 08:27:58 am »
Hi Robin,

Not knowing your insurance coverage, but I'd keep checking into Boston.  Am currently working with neurosurgeons at Brigham/Womans and checking into CyberKnife at Beth Israel (only one in New England, from my understanding). My understanding is that MGH may have the Proton.

Not familiar with where you are or the treatments available in RI/Providence but have done LOTS of research for treatment in Boston (I live just outside of Metro Boston) and Boston certainly seems to be the way to go.

Best wishes,
Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

robinc

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 06:55:13 pm »
Phyllis:

GK is only available in Providence.  (My ENT has recommended Noran.)  I know that the man to see in Boston (for pro-ton) at MGH is Martuza.  I'm hearing that Noran was trained by the guy in Sweden who created the GK for what it's worth. 

Robin

russ

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 10:32:40 pm »
Hi
  Just wondering if UPMC is in your ins. providers area and how far to Pittsburgh?
  Russ

Windsong

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 10:40:15 pm »
Noren has years and years of experience.....
best wishes.

russ

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 10:43:07 pm »
He ought to be getting plenty tired of GK then?
Best wishes

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 08:44:16 pm »
Robin,

Had confirmed today by my brain neurosurgeon at Brigham/Womans... there is Gamma Knife at Tufts!  Checking into it now to confirm as much as I can.   Seems RI is not the only spot.  Will advise.

Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"