Author Topic: 9.5 months from surgery, 5 months pregnent!  (Read 3715 times)

wendysig

Re: 9.5 months from surgery, 5 months pregnent!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 01:43:05 pm »
HiTrish!

I am so thrilled for you -- CONGRATULATIONS!  Because of fertility problems, I didn't succeed in becoming pregnant with my oldest daughter (now almost 15) until I was 40 and had my younger daughter (now almost 13) was born just before my 43rd birthday..  They are both beautiful, bright energetic girls who keep me on my toes and young at heart.  My older daughter in her first year of high school and in a program for gifted students.   My younger daughter is capable of doing the same thing, should  she choose to.  She says she doesn't want to live with the pressure her older sister has (my older daughter doesn't mind the pressure and thrives on it).   I'm sure your twins will keep you busy, but they will be a wonderful reward after all you've been through!

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 03:07:59 pm »
Hi, Trish, and congratulations on your pregnancy!  :)  Quite an adventure, indeed, but I'm very happy for you and I know you'll be a great mom to the twin boys you'll be having later this year.  (Due date?)  Although it may not always seem like it, I believe that children are a blessing from God.  You are blessed.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 03:21:50 pm »
Trish:

Congratulations & congratulations!! Have you thought about names yet?

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 05:17:39 pm »
Congratulations!  What a nice upturn from dealing with the AN last year.  And a double blessing, too!

I'm currently 37 weeks with #3 and anxiously waiting his/her arrival.  I wish you an uneventful pregnancy!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

lori67

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2009, 06:52:16 pm »
Trish,

That is such great news!  I agree with Anne Marie, those boys will be mama's boys!  I have 3 girls and 1 boy and while I have a great relationship with all of them, there's just something different about my relationship with my "little boy"  -who is now almost 18 years old and has been taller than me for many years now!

I hope you are feeling well and I'm sure Cali will be thrilled to have 2 baby brothers to boss around!  I haven't quite figured out how people with twins manage, but they seem to do quite well and I know you'll be amazing!

Keep us posted!

And Katie, I can't wait to find out if you're having a boy or girl!  Such suspense!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 10:50:41 pm »
Congratulations!!  I was not around for your surgery but I had to comment because I have 5 y.o. twin girls (fraternal).   ;D They are a joy (oops I accidentally typed "job" instead of "joy" but they are a little bit of that too, LOL).  Best wishes with your pregnancy!!
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

AMD

• I'm sorry, could you repeat that?
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009, 08:08:33 pm »
Congratulations, and best of luck!!!!!!!!
Left side 1.7 cm AN diagnosed 7/30/08
Misdiagnosed for 8 + years
Surgery, Sub-occipital, 11/17/2008 at Indiana University Hospital
Left SSD
Tumor much larger than expected. Facial nerves intact, but had RARE swelling resulting in brachial plexus injury and tracheostomy after surgery.

Cheryl R

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 07:27:22 am »
Katie,    We all are waiting for the good news!       Are you having many contractions?    Dropped down much?           I know you are at the point where one just wants to get it over with!
              Good luck and we wish you well!                  Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

calimama

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 01:37:42 pm »
Thanks to one and all for your messages and well wishes. I had a mean cold and was crazy busy at work so it took me a while to get back here. I am doing well at 22 weeks, but belly is huge and i look/feel about 8 months already. This is crazy!?!

Wishing you all a happy, healthy spring!

Trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 01:55:51 pm »
Trish how did I miss this thread! I am sooooooo happy for you and twins to boot, that is the best news ever. I am so excited for you! I hope you are feeling good, rest and take care of yourself.
This is such happy news!
Hugs Michelle  ;D
Apparently there is an AN support group that meets everyother month. Tomorrow is the next date. I am sadly too tired to do the drive this time, maybe the next meeting. Are you interested in coming? Anyone else close to Toronto who may be interested?
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

lori67

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 04:40:49 pm »
Well, of course your belly is huge - you've got two extra people in there!   ;D

Don't worry - I'm sure you'll have your girlish figure back in no time with 3 little ones to chase after!  Much cheaper than a gym membership too!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.