Author Topic: SML (Scarlett's) updates  (Read 51467 times)

anissa

• My Journey
Re: SML (Scarlett's) updates
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2009, 04:57:27 pm »
Steve's hats rule and that is a beautiful color!  I'm just afraid that because Steve knows I can knit I won't get one.   ;) 
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2009, 05:10:00 pm »

Oh, and don't forget to take more pictures too.  Did you get a good picture of your scar?  Also, did you have staples or stitches?  I noticed there doesn't seem to be a standard as far as that goes.

Ernie

Ernie,
As you can see... Stitches for me!  Color me weird, but I’m actually proud to show off my battle scar! I want to go in the grocery store and wear my hair up to gross people out!! Okay, I may be exaggerating a bit there, but you know what I mean.

Nancy,
 Richie came home with a present for me today that I though was just the cat’s meow… ( I know what your all thinking…. Back away from the meds!!!) but really, he bought me a shower seat. It was great. I was able to just take my time and really enjoy my shower. We thought we had this situation covered, but as it happens the plastic stool I had was not very sturdy and the legs actually started to bend underneath me when the water warmed the plastic. Just something to keep in mind.  Only $ 39.00 at Wal-Mart. Also, since I’m on a roll, a nice comfy neck pillow for the ride home from the hospital is a MUST!!

Okay, I’ll shut up for now…. But not for too long.

Love and Kisses
Scarlett

P.S. This post was all mine today. TA-DA

Steve, Thanks for the photo insert instructions, I bet you're sorry now!!!  :-*
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2009, 05:45:55 pm »
As you can see... Stitches for me!  Color me weird, but I’m actually proud to show off my battle scar! I want to go in the grocery store and wear my hair up to gross people out!! Okay, I may be exaggerating a bit there, but you know what I mean.

P.S. This post was all mine today. TA-DA

Now there you go!  It's going to be fun coming up with stories about that scar.  "I was visiting my friend in Florida, fishing down at the lake, when a 10 foot gator jumps up out of the water and grabs me by the neck!"

Now, for real, Grats on your very own, do-it-yourself postie post!

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

joebloggs

« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2009, 10:21:29 pm »
Get you and your amazing photos and everything posts!  Scarlett is officially rocking her recovery!!!

P.S. I'm slightly jealous of your nice straight scar... mine is spectacularly C shaped. 
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

sgerrard

« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2009, 11:19:26 pm »
[Steve, Thanks for the photo insert instructions, I bet you're sorry now!!!  :-*

Why, not at all, Scarlett!  ;)

The Squirrel Heather is an excellent choice, I have had it mind for someone else as well. You'll see one of these days. I have a bit of a backlog right now, but I won't forget!

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

cindyj

« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2009, 05:41:15 am »
Nice shower seat, Scarlett...pretty cool scar also!

Keep up the great recovery!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2009, 06:00:04 am »
Continued wellness wishes, you Postie-Scarlett!  You are truly amazing in your recovery efforts and thrilled things are going well! Onward and upward to continued wellness! :)

Phyl

(nice seat! :) )
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2009, 06:44:58 am »
My goodness, Scarlett!  I do believe you've had a personality change in that MGH place.  Pre-op you were a little shy and nervous, but now . . . jeez!  I can hardly wait for the new me!  When do you get the stitches removed?  I will get one of those seats on my way to my MRI on Monday.  We got the porch swings out of the barn this morning and hung them up in preparation for my recovery lounging.  I take my lounging very seriously.
Great photos, although I WAS eating my oatmeal when that incision wound popped up in front of my eyeballs.  :o
How is your balance?
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

EJTampa

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2009, 07:11:40 am »
Great photos, although I WAS eating my oatmeal when that incision wound popped up in front of my eyeballs.  :o
How is your balance?
Nancy

Pictures or not, eating is not a good idea while reading these boards :).

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2009, 01:54:51 pm »
Sorry Nancy,
 :-[
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2009, 02:07:13 pm »
Scarlett -

dare I say it?  Your scar is cute.  Very nice and close to your ear.  Mine wasn't bad at all, but hands down yours is prettier than mine was.

Nancy -

I didn't use a shower bench, but lots of forumites say how great they are so you can't go wrong in getting one.  Another suggestion, buy some baby shampoo.  During my first shower I got some shampoo in my eyes and when I closed them my balance really suffered and I had to grab onto the shower wall.  I'm lucky I didn't end up on my backside  :P Maybe I should have purchased a bench afterall  ;) 

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2009, 10:45:29 am »
Hi Scarlett,
It is so nice to hear how well you are so doing! I love the photo of your scar! Sharing the chair was a great idea, anything to help others is a great idea!
Relax, rest and heal.
Hugs Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2009, 06:32:32 am »
Scarlett,
How are you feeling these days?  Haven't heard from you in a while.  Every time I open this thread I get freaked by your scar photo.  It's good for me though to get used to the idea.
Hope you're getting better every day.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

EJTampa

« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2009, 06:49:08 am »
How are you feeling these days?  Haven't heard from you in a while.

Well, with the weekend here, Scarlett and Rich are probably out shopping at the malls, catching a movie, and maybe riding a roller coaster or two :).

Ok, probably not yet.   ;D

Ernie

Keri

« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2009, 08:16:13 am »
you're funny, ernie!
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!